Unfold: Everything Must Come To An End

5:42:00 PM


After finding the culprit, Ms Vivian, Mama Ade got apologies from Dele, Tolu's Dad. She went against her plan to storm his office with her evidence but instead mailed it to him. He called her the following day.

Dele: Hello Titi. How are you?

Titi: I'm great, thank you. 

Dele: I'm just calling to apologize for lashing out at you the other day and also thanks for proving the truth. I'm sorry once again. 

Titi: Apologies accepted. My regards to your wife

Dele: One last thing, please don't believe the false allegation that Vivian was a mistress. She was my girl friend before I met my wife. Just wanted to clarify that. 

Titi: Okay good for you Dele.

Dele: And please, can we sort out this suspension our children are still on? I've spoken to Tolu and he still sticks to his story. Can we have one last talk with the two of them? I don't understand these kids. 

Titi: Okay. We can meet at my house on Saturday. See you then, bye. 

On Saturday, Mr Beckley, his son Tolu and his wife arrived at Mama Ade's house.

Mama Ade: Welcome to our home, please have a sit. What would you like to drink or eat? Baba Ade they are here o. Ade come downstairs. 

Mrs Beckley: Thank you, nice home you have here. 

Mama Ade: Thank you mummy Tolu. Let me get you something to drink.

Baba Ade: A ekaabo. Where's Ade? 

Ade: Daddy I'm here. Good Afternoon Sir, Ma. 

After a series of small talks, Ade's Dad brought up the topic at hand.

Baba Ade: Tolu and Ade, it's been a few weeks since your suspension. I don't want to tell you we have had enough but we really have. A lot of money went into your school fees and it's just wasting away to a school that does not care until this whole thing is sorted out. Today, if not for any other thing, please both of you should tell us the truth now so you can go back to school. Tolu, you have your SSCE coming up next term, do you want to repeat your SS3? No? Ade, do you want to repeat SS1? You better don't say yes. I'm waiting. 

Mama Ade: (Laughs and claps) When did my husband become this gentle? 

Tolu's Mum (Mrs Beckley): You have heard what your Dad said. When I was told this story, I knew something was wrong and I don't want to believe either party. I am also begging you kids, who lied? What is the truth? 

Mr Beckley: Whether you like it or not, we are closing this case today. Easily or forcefully when the two of you get ministerial beatings of your lives.

Mama Ade gives him a side eye.

Baba Ade: Decide between you two. Who is going to say tell the truth?

Ade: Daddy, I'm sorry. Senior Tolu was right. I'm sorry. 

Everyone shocked with mouths open.

Whooooza, one dirty hot slap landed on Ade's face courtesy of her ever ready mum.

Mama Ade: What arrant nonsense! Are you telling me you are the reason for all this rubbish back and forth? Ori e o da! You little stupid girl.

Whooooza, second slap landed.

Ade wails hysterically.

Mrs Beckley: Mama Ade, she's a small girl please don't beat her. We have to forgive her. I am finally glad this is over with and we can settle the case with the Principal so they can resume school. Ade, apologize to Tolu for the false story against him. 

Ade: (With trembling voice) I'm sorry Senior Tolu

Baba Ade: Children of nowadays are funny. You don't allow them to go out and have too many friends, they misbehave. You allow them to be free, they still misbehave. Ade, this is my warning to you. Don't let this rubbish you pulled ever repeat it self again. How can you go to the length of lying to your principal and get suspended before you say the truth. Not only are you grounded everyday after school, but you are not allowed to have any friend over. I want to see just you and your books every time I get back from work. Am I being understood or should I tell your mother to slap you to sink the instructions in?

Ade: No Sir. I'm sorry daddy, I'm sorry Mummy. 

Mr Beckley: Titi and Daddy Ade, Thank you for allowing us into your home. We appreciate that our son has been declared innocent in this matter. Please tender mercy on Ade. We have forgiven her and we will send a letter to the Principal too so they can resume again. We will be leaving now. Thanks again

Mama and Baba Ade: No problemThanks for coming. 

Mrs Beckley: God bless. 

After a series of handshakes and goodbyes, The Beckleys left.

Mama Ade: Ade come here. If you try this rubbish again, it's not only two slaps you will get. I will send you to Big aunty's house for a whole year! It's because you don't have a younger one that you are acting all spoiled here abi? You will see. Get out of my sight my friend.

Ade sobs as she heads for her room.

Baba Ade: Mama Ade hope it's not that you are thinking of another baby because this your last statement, I am not understanding. 

Mama Ade laughs it off and random convos filled the rest of day....

The End.

_____

Thanks for reading. Did your enjoy the story? Full series can be found here
If you would like to write a story series for the blog, please contact me thank you!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer