The Confession: Part 2

10:27:00 AM


I felt a rush of cold air all through my body. My face was still literally on fire.
I was shouting in pains.
In panic, Bukky covered my mouth, helped me up and together we both made our way through the back door into the distance.
Soon, we all got into the vehicle and drove off
'This has never happened before. Ever!'

Bukky was terribly disturbed
"There would be a lot of questioning in school tomorrow." 

It didn't take long for me to recall I forgot my broken glasses on the floor. I was also quiet certain  Bukky didn't lock up Mr Maxwell's office.
I became disturbed too

"I don't want anyone of you to betray anyone of us. We must all take an oath" She announced
Everyone seemed fine with it. I wasn't, but I pretended to be.
Soon, the vehicle came to a halt.
It was Bukky's apartment. She went in. The rest of us waited outside.
From the look on my face one could tell I was already tired from the entire adventure.

Bukky emerged with a strange looking object. My vision was poor. I couldn't really tell what exactly she was holding.
Does she really expect me to swear with that? I asked myself
Really?
She instructed everyone of us to form a circle. We all did.
She also brought out a calabash. I watched in awe as everyone took a sip from its content.
I was terrified.


For some reason, I felt it was like an initiation ground. Even if it wasn't, my mind was made up. I wasn't going to swear with that object, neither was I going to drink from the content in the calabash.
I made up an excuse to leave the group. It worked out as planned
"Can I go get something from my bag. Its in the car" I lied.
They all decided to wait for me.
I made my way towards the car and from there I took to my heels. I desperately wanted to be home.
***
I got home, went straight to my room quietly to avoid waking anyone up.

On my bed, I reflected on all that took place.
I still was relieved I never swore or drank whatever was in that calabash.
***

I woke up in the morning feeling like I had a really bad dream.
My vision even seemed worst than the previous day
'This is the day I'd wear my less fashionable one'
I was referring to my other glasses.


It was 09:12 AM
I had a class by 10:00 AM
I rushed my entire morning routine, had my breakfast on the go.
When I got to school, I felt really weird.
I deliberately passed through the hallway leading to Mr. Maxwell's office.
I met Bukky leaving the office. She had that malicious grin on her face.


"Miss Igwe" she politely addressed me by my last name.
I was shocked
I swallowed my saliva
She still had that grin. "Report at Mr. Maxwell's office now"

I swallowed my saliva again
Quietly, I entered the office like a widow mourning her dead husband.


____
Part 1 here
If you are in Debrecen, you can still register for my event here. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer