The Confession: Part 1

11:59:00 AM


"Meet us at the graveyard now!"

A husky voice pierced my ears like spears through the phone in the most authoritative tone I had ever heard.
I swallowed as I adjusted my glasses and stared intensely at the wall clock in my small room.
It was 11:33pm.

My phone rang again. I ignored
Soon, I noticed an intermittent flashing white light hovering the compound.
Disturbed, I got up quietly from my bed and peeked through the window.
The light came from a car parked just outside my room.


"Martha!" a familiar voice called from the car. It was Bukky.


Now, Bukky was the kind of girl who could lend you a penny in the dark and warmly tells you to keep mum about it, but then she sneaks out in public and aggressively calls you out for ripping her off her entire fortune! To say the least she was unpredictable, well-calculated and I have to say this....devilish (that's if she's not the devil herself. Okay, maybe I went just too far)
From her malicious grin to her signature hand poses, I had a love/hate relationship with Bukky.

I ignored all of that. Well, at least for the progress of my grades. Yes, I needed Bukky. I had to swallow her sick attitude to master her study pattern to get good grades. I had to follow her lead, even if it meant sneaking out!


One second, she's all night partying, and the next, she's screaming so loud about having one of the best scores in our department.
How does she do it? I was desperate to know.


"F-four eyes..you....you received a call?"  She asked, almost choking on her own laughter.


Others in the car joined in. A cackle of Hyenas was all I saw.


"Bukky" I whispered under my breath.


"Hop right in" she yelled


The rest joined in to yell.


I panicked within as I grabbed my bag and jacket, switched off my table light, and jumped out through my window ignoring the possibility their voices could have woken my parent and two younger brothers.
In no time, I joined the group heading somewhere down the dusty road.


"Bukky" a voice in front of the car playfully called her.
"One more stop"
Bukky nodded her head in approval.


'Do the call' she urge.
The exact same prank call played on me was done.
They all laughed.


It was Jeremy. He was standing just outside his gate when we drove in.
Jeremy or should i say 'Bukky 2.0' happened to be the only child of his parent. He often bragged about getting whatever he wanted from his parent, and of course he was always spotted in College hanging out with Bukky.

"You guys have nothing on me with your lame calls"
He spoke in a surprisingly calm way as he entered the car and we drove away.
Few minutes later, the car came to a halt. I recognised the surroundings. It was our College building.


"Bukky, what are we doing here?" I asked her calmly trying to suppress my anxiety.


"Shh..Keep quiet" was her response.


I watched in awe as she easily broke into the school main building from one of the back doors with some tools.
I was shocked at first.
One could tell she was definitely not new to the trick.
She ordered Jeremy and some of her members to stay outside the building and be watchful
Still shocked, I followed her lead and I saw myself down Mr. Maxwell's  office.
Mr. Maxwell was the college registrar as well as our History lecturer.
Bukky successfully hacked into his computer. She pulled out a white paper and was already busy at work. It became very clear to me she was changing the final grades. Those names listed on the paper must have been students who paid her one way or the other to change their grades.


"Why you staring at me like that!?" she asked while on her own grades.


"I'm leaving" I said bluntly


"Leaving? wont u change your scores?" she frowned without looking up. She was carefully doing her job.


"You pleaded with me to show you my special study pattern, didn't you?" she still wasn't looking up. Her voice was louder than ever.


Bukky and I soon started exchanging bitter words.
I was disappointed, I stupidly believed she had a 'special' study technique or something. At that point, I knew I had only myself to blame. I shouldn't have ignored her sick attitude at first.


Angrily, I reached out to the door to leave Mr Maxwell's office. Coincidentally, Jeremy rushed in and slammed the wooden door to my face, my glasses broke from the accident.  I was partially blind without my glasses.


"Ouch!"
My entire face was on fire.

"I think someone else just got into the building" he announced. 

"I heard the front door open"

________
Hey guys, if you are in Debrecen, you can still register for my event here. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer