Tongues and Gossips

10:37:00 AM


The tongue is the most poisonous thing. Sure you are wondering why I am calling God's creation poisonous, well the tongue is not poisonous except you make it so. That is where the gift of choice comes in. God has given us the gift to choose between good and evil. The tongue becomes extremely poisonous when you choose to use it for "bad-will". The source of what we say with it is always from the heart. If you are bitter down there, you tend to always say ridiculous and mean things with your tongue. You find it hard to say good things because you feel nobody deserves it at that particular moment of bitterness. You become aggressive and curse out everyone and everything that made you to be in that position of sadness. 


We all have elements of gossips in us. It is unleashed when in a kind of gathering that condones gossiping. I've been there, done that and the outcome is never good. I've always had it in the back of my head that if I can gossip about someone, anybody can gossip about me too. You get what you give out and of course there's that percentage of whether you are a gossip or not, you will still be gossiped about. It's just how life is. So don't have that mentality of "ehn, whether I gossip or not, won't they still talk about me? Might as well speak my mind" Who are the 'they'?   Don't give meaning to the 'they' because when you start thinking about 'they'they will surely appear in your life and make it miserable. The earlier you dissociate yourself from potential 'theys', the better for your sanity. Potential/Ripe theys are those that find any reason to talk about someone else in a demeaning and condescending manner regardless of the purpose of the gathering. It could be at a celebration, study group or even bible study (wonders!).  


As Christians, when we are down, sad and "lifeless" we ought to praise God. Praising God confuses the enemy and it makes God happy. So instead of speaking evil and bad things with our tongues, let's use them to worship God. At the end of the day, you'll end up chasing bitterness away and in return you don't say things you'd regret. I remember quite recently, I heard what someone said about me and I was so mad, thank God for Dedun that is closer to God now because I either would have kept quiet or called the individual to repeat what he/she said but thankfully, I just got on my knees and prayed that this fury will pass over me and it did. I don't have any bad blood in me towards that person and that's the way it should be. 


We can't overcome the anger that boils in us when we hear rumors about us so it's just practical to run to God in prayer, prayer works. Don't dwell on it for way too long. Rebuke every word said with the blood of Jesus Christ immediately. Dwelling on it is like passing chicken pox from one person to another. The person passed bitterness to you and thus, you end up bitter and pass it on to someone else with your tongue. 


From this moment onwards, wish your neighbor good things even when they wish you bad, proclaim good and wondrous things to your life. Don't let the devil ruin you with your tongue, don't let him pull you down because you are meant to be on top! Don't join the bad "gangs" of gossips, they will always make you watch your backs. Once you notice you are in that kind of gathering, if you can't run, don't contribute because if you do, everything said can be traced back to you and those people won't be there to defend you. Lastly, choose your friends wisely. Pass the message on to someone today. God bless you!


Love,

Dedun

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer