Unfold: The Accused

11:42:00 AM


After Mrs Banwo's shocking revelation, the news got out to the press and became a big scandal for Mr Beckley, Pastor and Founder of God is Good Ministries.

*Phone rings*

Mrs Banwo: Hello?

Mr Beckley: Titi are you happy now? Years have passed and still your verbal diarrhea has not healed. Are you happy that you've said your mind and in turn sold the news to the press? I admitted that I was wrong back in those days but you and your friend, Seun, still won't forgive me. I was just calling to say thank you and God bless

Mrs Banwo: What do you mean by I sold your news to the press?

Mr Beckley: Are you playing dumb with me now, Titi?

Mrs Banwo: Dele, you've insulted me twice in 1 minute of this phone call. I'm a grown woman and I'm telling you I didn't sell any news to the press. I'm busy here trying to solve my daughter's alleged rape story and you are calling me to blame me for something I know nothing about?

Mr Backley: Are you telling me you've not read today's news paper?

Mrs Banwo: Oh Dele, please please and please. For the last time, I know nothing about what you are talking about. 

*Mr Beckley hangs up*

Later that evening.

Mr Banwo: Mama Ade, Have you read the news today?

Mama Ade: No, I haven't 

Baba Ade: *laughs hysterically* Your university crush has been exposed. I knew it! All these pastors nowadays that just become popular out of nowhere and everyone forgets their pasts. 

Mama Ade: Dele? What did they say he did?

Baba Ade: That he's a rapist. 

Mama Ade: Ah mogbe. I didn't say that.

Baba Ade: What do you mean by that? Did you have anything to do with this?

Mama Ade: Eermm what happened was that. errrm. Few days ago when I was at the Principal's office, I mistakenly blurted out that Dele attempted to rape my friend. I only said attempt o. I didn't call him a rapist. 

Baba Ade: Aaaaaaahhh Titi? Don't I always warn you to watch what you say in public? Ah Titi so who sold the news to the press? You too?

Mama Ade: *sober* No I didn't I swear.

Baba Ade: Who did?

Mama Ade: It's only the principal that was there when this happened.

Baba Ade: Wo, That's not my problem. Sha bring my food let me eat jor. 

Ade's mum walks out of the room close to tears. She swears she didn't contact the press and is confused how it got out. Thinking if she should call the principal and ask or should she also ignore? No, she can't because Dele (Mr Beckley) also thinks she's the culprit. She needs to find out how it got out.

*Dials Principal's number*

Mrs Banwo: Good evening Principal, I'm sorry to bother you. It's Ade's mum, Mrs Banwo on the line. 

Principal: Good evening Mrs Banwo. How can I help you today?

Mrs Banwo: I'm sure you've heard the scandal that broke out today about Dele, Mr Beckley. I was wondering if it's as a result of what I said in your office and I'm sorry, if you were the one that released the story. 

Principal: Wow I'm shocked Mrs Banwo. Yes I heard the news but I'm certain it didn't come out of my office. We are an institution for Christ's sake, training children to do right, I wouldn't stoop so low to sell a story I'm not sure of to the press for some change. 

Mrs Banwo: I'm sorry again but I had to ask because Dele thinks I sold the story.

Principal: I understand your need to ask me but once again, I'm not involved in this. 

Mrs Banwo: Ok thanks. 

*Hangs up*

Mama Ade: *murmurs* What's the meaning of this rubbish? From Ade almost getting raped that I'm still trying to solve to this new one that I'm been accused of. Can I just get a break? *Hiss* 

__________
Translations
Mogbe- I'm in trouble
Wo - look
Jor - Please

Collection of the series can be found here 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer