Snap-Recipe: Surf & Turf Okro Soup

1:41:00 PM


Prior to a year ago, I've always had my okro with stew, yoruba style. Then I tried making okro soup at a friend's place and I've been sold for life. This is my favorite way to eat okro now. It even saves money and time for a separate stew. I'm guessing there might be other ways to cook it but this is my way and I hope it turns out great for you. Feel free to comment when you've cooked it using my recipe. xox





print recipe

Surf & Turf Okro Soup
Quick and Easy to make
Ingredients
  • 500g Okro
  • 1 Onions
  • 1 Bell Peppers
  • 2 Scotch Bonnets
  • 1 tbsp Palm Oil
  • 750ml Water
  • 250ml Stock
  • Seasoning Cubes (if needed)
  • Salt (If needed)
  • Green Vegetable
  • Beef/chicken/seafood
Instructions
1. Dice and fry onions and pepper in hot oil 
2. Add the water and stock. Bring to a boil
3. Chop the okro and set aside. I like my soup drawy so I diced some and grated some. 
4. Add the proteins to the boiled stock mix. Let it boil for another 3minutes. Add seasoning cubes and salt if needed. 
5. Add the diced okro and boil for a minute
6. Add the greens and boil for another minute or two.
7. It's ready. Serve with staple of choice

Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6 Servings


You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer