Unfold: Who Was The Snitch?

9:30:00 AM


Last week when things blew out of proportion for the Banwos, it became apparent that Mrs Banwo needed to get to the bottom of both Ade's almost rape story and Dele's allegations that Mrs Banwo sold his past encounter to the press. If the press release didn't involve her, she wouldn't have bothered to involve the Police. For all she knows, she has been wrongly accused and won't take it lightly. Of course her husband, Ade's Dad, does not support her decision to involve the Police but Mama Ade just wouldn't bulge and accept defeat. Wait, defeat? Ok didn't know it was war here..

*At the Police Station*

Policeman: How can we help you Madam?

Mama Ade: Good afternoon to you too. I would like to file a complain for defamation and wrong accusation for which I would like an investigation carried out.

Policeman: Ah madam investigation? You never hear say economy too tight?

Mama Ade: How does that affect what I'm talking about here?

Policeman: We need to pay the investigators and you know say even fuel don high now. Everything don get price tag.

Mama Ade: I've never heard of this one before o. So are you telling me I have to pay before you can carry out an investigation?

Policeman: Na so.

Mama Ade: I think I should be talking to your superior

Policeman: He's not on seat madam. Na only me fit help you today. 

*Mama Ade dials her friend*

Mama Ade: Hello Charles, I came to the police station you directed me to and you won't believe what I'm hearing. This officer is telling me I have to pay to get an investigation done on the matter. 

Charles: You are kidding me! Why? 

Mama Ade: I don't even understand. He said they will use external investigators. Na wa o

Charles: I see. You will have to pay unfortunately. How much?

Mama Ade: Let me ask him. How much Oga police?

Policeman: Madam e get different category. From 25k to 100k. Na you go pick which 'wan' you want.

Mama Ade: *laughs loud* Did you hear that Charles? I will call you back. 

Policeman: You go pay? Wetin you wan make we check for you?

Mama Ade files her complaint and briefed the Policeman on what needs to be investigated.

Mama Ade: What's the account details? I will write a check. 

Two Weeks Later
*Phone rings*

Mama Ade: Hello?

Officer: Hello Madam. This is Sergeant Emeka calling from Olukoko Police Station. You filed for an investigation at our station two weeks ago and we have the result. 

Mama Ade adjusts her sitting position.

Mama Ade: Okay go on. What did you find out?

Officer: According to the security cameras, we found recordings of the morning you were at the Principal's office. 

Mama Ade: *impatient* What did you see? 

Officer: I will go on madam. We could not get hold of the audio so we can't tell exactly the moment when anything was said but according to the video, the Principal's secretary eaves dropped at some point during the meeting. She stood behind the slightly opened door for close to ten minutes. That's not all.

Mama Ade: Ms Vivian, the secretary is the culprit? It can't be so. Why would she eaves drop and sell Mr Beckley's story? It doesn't add up. 

Officer: After further investigations, we were able to get inside info on who leaked the story to the press. It turns out to be Ms Vivian. 

Mama Ade: Ah why? What evil is in this world?

Officer: We didn't stop there. We knew 'the why' would be asked so we decided to look into Ms Vivian's case. It turns out that a couple of years back, before Mr Beckley started his ministry, Ms Vivian was his mistress. 

Mama Ade: *Exclaims loudly!* So pe iro ni!!

Officer: Sorry ma, I don't understand Yoruba

Mama Ade: Don't worry. Is that all?

Officer: Yes Ma. We concluded that for her to stand behind the door for so long, she was desperate to get a story out of the meeting you had with the Principal. She must have sold the story to get back at Mr Beckley for dumping her after he became influential.

Mama Ade: Ese Officer but one last thing, is it possible to get everything you said written, stamped and sealed so I can prove my innocence on this matter. 

Officer: Yes you can. Please come to the station in two days. I will have it ready for you. 

Mama Ade: Thank you Officer. I will be there

*Mama Ade dropped the call in disbelief*

Mama Ade thinking out loud.

The evil that men do, while forever chase them! So does this mean Dele (Mr Beckley) cheated on his wife? And why was Ms Vivian hell-bent on getting a story out of that meeting? Karma has caught up with him. First thing I will do when I get that official report is to go to Dele's Office and show him the report. Arrant Nonsense! He even had the nerve to blame me for this. Ojigbijigbi!

______
So pe iro ni - Say it's a lie
Ese - Thanks
Ojigbijigbi! - Exclamation! (You usually say it while hitting your head with both hands, Papa Ajasco style :D)
______
Previous Episodes
Click to Read Part 1
Click to Read Part 2
Click to Read Part 3
Click to Read Part 4
This post is Part 5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer