Guest Post: Personal Hygiene

11:25:00 AM


WHAT IS  PERSONAL HYGEIENE ?
Practices we perform to take care of ourselves through cleanliness. Some are pretty basic practices like taking a shower, brushing our teeth etc. Personal hygiene is not like applying make-up where you decide to apply or not, it’s a must if you actually want to live amongst other human beings. For the purpose of this post I will break this down into sections. It will be a long read but they are very important.
HAIR CARE
Now sisters, permit me to say this please!! Just because you have a weave sewn to your hair does not mean you forget that hair smells too, hair is not self-cleansing. Even if you have a weave on (synthetic or Human hair) you need to wash your hair or it will smell. You may not smell it, but others do. It’s like wearing a perfume and everyone keeps telling you how great you smell but you can’t smell it. If you want to know what others go through when you walk around with 4-6 weeks old hair that has not been washed, smell your weave when you take it out… Go ahead smell it… aha!!!! Now you know why everyone keeps avoiding a hug from you. Invest in a dry shampoo if you are scared washing will ruin your hair, but even the dry shampoo is a temporary fix. Some ladies actually go to make their hair without washing the hair, come on!! Be nice to the person making your hair, not only do they have to stand there and smell the hair for at least an hour and a half, but they have to touch it.
ORAL CARE
To be honest sometimes I wake up so hungry I go straight to the kitchen to find something to eat, and then I forget that I did not brush my teeth, my point is that the occasional skipping is fine but when it is a habit that’s when there is a problem. Poor oral hygiene can lead to cavities, plagues, tooth decay and mouth odour.
  • Brush at least twice a day.
  • Have a minty chewing gum handy for when you've been quiet for a long time or eaten something that leaves a lingering smell like garlic.
  • When you brush your teeth, don’t forget the tongue, it’s like making your bed and sweeping your room everyday but never mopping the floor.
  • Some people swear by mouthwashes; I would say use an antibacterial mouth wash to get rid of any bacterial already there or keep them away.
  • Flossing is something I am still struggling with, I just started doing it more often when I saw my friend do it. But it does go a long way to get those spaces in between your teeth that the tooth brush can’t get, this will get rid of food residues lurking around.
  • It is advisable to see a dentist at least twice a year for a proper check and also a professional cleaning.

ARM PITS
  • You can decide that you do not want to remove hair from your legs or arms and I will make my peace with that, but when it comes to the under arms you just can’t do that, I mean you can but you really should not leave hair growing like a forest, when you sweat and it dries up, it lingers on the hair and that’s the beginning of your body odour. 
  • Skipping deodorants is just suicide especially when it’s hot as hell. There are a lot of deodorants to choose from, sprays, roll-ons, stick deodorants, powder the list goes on, you just have to make a choice based on what works for you.
  • Invest in one good perfume that you like, it does not have to be expensive, just to keep you smelling nice through the day. I always say really when it comes to personal care you need to experiment to find what works for you and you can keep up with financially.
  • Keep your hygiene routine as simple as it can be, helps you keep up with it and also saves you time and money.

VAGINAL CARE
  • Hair removal: Again how much hair you remove or whether you trim, shave or wax it all off is totally up to you. Personally I prefer to make kitty bald, wax it all off, now a lot of people cannot stand the pain and that’s fine. If you notice that you get razor bumps after shaving, maybe try waxing. I have to say that if you choose to wax, please choose a good salon, clean and sanitized.
  • Keeping it Clean: I know they say the vagina is one Organ in the body that is self-cleansing, and a lot of girls take that as a permission to neglect kitty…my sister it will smell!!! While you need to wash kitty, you also need to be careful not to over wash her, I had a terrible case of kitty itching, I went to see a Gynaecologist and he asked how often I washed the kitty, I proudly answered at least 4 times a day and that’s a normal day, if am on my period I would wash at least 6 times a day…he was in shock! He said I was over doing it and washing away the natural flora that keeps the kitty’s pH balanced keeping it healthy so it bound to be infected easily.
  • Water is just fine! Ditch the soaps, the strawberry flavoured vaginal washes, or the shower gels... seriously, no one is expecting your vjj to smell like strawberries and peach, she is supposed to smell like herself. All the soaps and scented washes are harsh for her and again that’s why you itch.
  • When you pee, please ladies, I cannot stress this enough, wipe wipe wipe with an unscented tissue, if it means having one in your bag for when you need it please do, I sit next to some girls and I can literally smell them, just like pee smells on the ground or in the toilet if not flushed, it will smell on you too.
  • When on your period, you have to take extra care of kitty, you cannot wear one pad for 8hrs or the whole day just because your flow is not as heavy. The ideal is to change your pad every 4hrs. I always have extra pads in my bag, a pack of unscented baby wipes and a clean pant. if you do not feel like carrying a big pack in your bag, you can always find travel sizes in stores.
  • Panty liner should be every girl’s friend, keeps odours away because secretions do not land on your panties directly and you change them for a fresher feel. Just keep in mind that panty liners should be changed after 2hrs too.


One thing that is very important for every woman is a Gynecologist visit at least once a year if you are 21 but under 29, and as you get older you can go at least twice a year. 

Ritso
She Blogs here

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. https://ethix.in/product-category/beauty-and-hygiene/personal-hygiene-beauty-and-hygiene/
    I believe there are many more pleasurable opportunities
    ahead for individuals that looked at your site

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://ethix.in/product-category/beauty-and-hygiene/personal-hygiene-beauty-and-hygiene/Those guidelines additionally worked to become a good way to
    recognize that other people online have the identical fervor like mine
    to grasp great deal more around this condition



    ReplyDelete
  3. phs bathrooms A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer