Why Do We Run Away From The Truth?

10:24:00 AM



I mean, so many times we've come face to face with the truth, it's almost like a staring competition. The first person to blink or look away loses and most times, if not all, the loser is you and not the truth. Personally, I've ignored the truth so many times I can't even start to count but one example that's just in my head now was concerning a relationship I was in. This was like three years ago. I've written previously about how I prayed for that relationship and all that jazz. Because of this whole I prayed for this and that, I turned a blind eye (if not the two) to the glaring wrongs in the relationship and stayed regardless.

Most times it's not like we are foolish, in fact no one was born foolish. God created us in His image after all but our foolishness is acquired. We've adjusted poorly to what the world tells us, how things should be done, how you should think and how you should behave that you really forget whose child you are, whether heavenly or earthly. Have you ever had that moment when you know exactly what is right to do but turn away from it because you don't want the outcome of doing the right thing? People do the right thing when they know the outcome will favor them.

Another example is when people lie. See, I'm sure before someone lies, they already know the truth!!!!!! I mean, it's there in their subconscious but because telling the truth will get them in trouble, they resort to lying and the chain of lies grows. Once a link is secured, there's no turning back. The person just keeps lying until the truth is out of reach. They won't even remember what the truth was again.

If there's any thing that pisses me off so much is when I tell someone the truth but they don't believe me or if it's the truth in the form of an advice, they ignore. For both, it just makes me wonder why I even bothered telling the truth or advising them in the first place. That's another example of people running away from the truth. Never the less though, these have not stopped me from telling the truth. If you like run away from the truth or ignore my advice, I will feel better knowing I told the truth. Right from my younger days, I always feel unrest anytime I told a lie no matter how little because I feel I've deceived someone and to avoid this horrible feeling, I say my piece of truth no matter the consequence. If you like crucify me, I sha didn't lie to you and you should be happy I saved you the headache of a lie.

Anyway before I continue ranting, let me go back to the point of this post. The many times I've deliberately ignored the truth, I've landed in hot pepper soup. If you are in the business of ignoring the truth, it could be a decision (business or otherwise), a situation you are in (toxic relationship) or just other life's truths, I want to you know that no matter how far you run, it will come back to bite you where it will hurt most. 

In regards to the relationship I was in, when that cold truth returned to bite me, it injured me real deep. I never hesperredit, it was like a part of me just left without warning and my people, that was the reason I was hurt and angry at God. That's if you read my Journey Back to God and But I Prayed posts. I prayed so hard before I got into the relationship and when things were going wrong, I stayed believing it was the cross that was attached to the relationship and I had to carry it. Boy was I wrong when this guy decided he would return to the baby boy life (that's if he ever left anyway) and leave me hanging. In-fact when I broke up, I didn't even get a response lol. It was a cold one. It was at that point I wished I had paid attention to the glaring signs and truth that were portrayed throughout the course of the relationship.

So please dear readers, never ignore the truth. When you know clearly that something is draining every part of you, drop that baggage and set yourself free. The truth liberates. If it's a relationship and your partner is proving to be something like a foolish being, disrespecting and disregarding your existence in his/her life, biko leave. If it's a business that is draining your purse more than it's blessing your purse, please invest in a better one. NO NO! Setting yourself free by acknowledging the truth does not mean you gave up on something. It just means you've accepted beyond all reasonable doubts and obvious practical truths that what ever it is you are doing is not going to move forward on a good note. Don't do strong head. Don't feel like a Hulk! There's no point wasting your life cells on something that won't make you grow and that includes lying to others. Stopeeett!! Tell the truth and shame the voice telling you otherwise. Truth Be Told!! (ahahah see what I did there? Okbye)

Love,
Dedun

Slangs
Sha - Though
Hot Pepper Soup - Trouble
Hesperredit - Expected it
Baby Boy Life - Care free life
Lol - Sad laughter
Biko - Please
Don't do strong head. Don't feel like a Hulk! - Don't be stubborn.
Stopeeett - Stop it. (I could've added more e's but didn't want to disturb your eyes)
Ahahah - An attempt to laugh but sounds more like a ghost's voice
Okbye - Just press the space bar and you have it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer