Snap Recipe: Mama's Assorted Peppersoup

3:24:00 PM



I was missing my mum yesterday and craved this Peppersoup so bad. I thought yay today is recipe day so why not share this delicious Peppersoup recipe. I used ripe plantains because I just don't like the taste of unripe plantain. It's easy and not technical at all. Because of the potatoes, it thickens as it cools and you can eat it with rice then or heat it up with more water if you want to drink it as a soup. I ate mine with rice for the first time because that's how my River's friends like having their Peppersoup. It was a good combo though. You should try that too. Enjoy:)




print recipe

Mama's Assorted Peppersoup
This recipe sent me back to my childhood when my mum will quickly whip this up for dinner.
Ingredients
  • 3 Plantain (Ripe or unripe if preferred )
  • 3 Potatoes
  • 2 Whole Fish (Any type you prefer)
  • 5 Pieces Beef
  • 2 Scotch Bonnets
  • 2 Tbsp PepperSoup spice
  • Salt
  • Water
  • Stock (optional)
Instructions
1. Prep the fish and meat. No need to fry them. 
2. Peel and boil the potatoes for 10 minutes. (In the video I boiled it together wth the plantain but I noticed the plantain cooked faster. But boil both together if you are using unripe plantain)
3. Add the ripe plantain, scotch bonnets and boil for another 10 minutes. 
4. Add the pepper soup spices and the stock. Taste and add salt if needed. Let it boil for 5 minutes
5. Add the beef and fish. Cover the pot for another 5-10 mins and it's ready.
6. Serve in a bowl with chilled beer/malt or with rice like I did. Enjoy

Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6 servings



You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer