Dangers of "If" Prayers

1:57:00 PM


On Friday when all my hopes got shattered with just one phone call, I started asking God why and all that jazz we always ask Him when we are disappointed. Fast forward to Saturday, I was about to mutter an "if" prayer and the Holy spirit just told me to stop it. Then wise nuggets started dropping. Let me write them just as they were dropped.

  • Why are you giving God a condition?
  • Do you know how to tell the difference between God's answered prayer and otherwise?
  • Do you know satan is also listening to the prayer? 
  • Are you truly mentally ready for the answer to that prayer?
I will give a vivid example of a past relationship I was in. I dated this guy for a few months and when I broke up, I closed that door. Months later, said ex came back and wanted another try. I've never re-dated an ex but I found myself wanting to date him again. So along the way of getting to know each other again, I prayed to God that "IF this guy is for me, let all our plans work"..

  1. Our plans were actually working out and I felt this was an answered prayer. I'm not wasting my time with this guy, I thought. 
  2. I started accepting rubbish because I thought they were things one would go through in a relationship. After all, he's my answered prayer right? He's the one for me.
  3. I stayed in an emotionally abusive relationship regardless. 
  4. I knew all these things were wrong but I was strong to believe God definitely answered my if prayer because the condition I gave was visibly working out. 
  5. Months passed and I was still claiming relationship regardless until my eyes opened and I realized how foolish I've been. I was lucky enough to break it off that instant. 
Now let me go back to the first 4 points I wrote above.

  • Why are you giving God condition over your life when He knows you better than you know yourself? He already has a plan for you and the only way that won't actualize is if you let Him go. He doesn't need any condition because He controls conditions. He doesn't need any help  whatsoever from you to complete His plans. He has set it out and regardless of any condition you give, it will still pan out the way He wants it. 
  • Are you spiritually sound to know when God has answered your prayer? As at when I made this prayer, I was not spiritually up there to know if it was God answering my prayer or the devil. The devil clings on conditions, he will go beyond every means to make your condition happen so that it will blind your judgement and make you let go of your boundaries because the condition you gave has been answered. 
  • Satan listens, he hears. Satan is lurking around but the angels surrounding you are the ones not letting him in. When you mutter any prayer, he runs with it and start looking for ways to gold-plate that prayer and make it look like real gold. Before you mutter a prayer you know satan will look to work on, remember he is also listening. Don't give out conditional prayers but rather let God know you will accept His will in every aspect of your life. Now satan can't alter God's will so there's nothing he can do about that prayer. 
  • Now let's imagine, God wants to answer that prayer. Are you ready for the answer? In the example I gave, what if the answer was "He's not the one for you" and all our plans didn't work out, wouldn't I be shattered? I already wanted the answer to be affirmative because I already accepted the idea of getting back with him. The prayers were not answered, I just wrapped my head around a delusional answered prayer. 
I know a lot of people say "If" prayers. Another one common amongst students is "God, IF i get this admission, I will worship you throughout my years in that school." You will get the admission because you've been destined to, not because of your IF prayer. Funny thing is you wouldn't even remember the condition you gave and satan will lead you to another path because of the condition you gave, he will make sure that condition doesn't work for your good. Let's say you even remember your condition, you will live your years in that school because of that condition not because you really want to. You will be indebted to that condition because you think you will lose everything if that condition is not met. 

God is not a God of condition. He does not work based on your time but on His. Learn to trust on His timing and leave everything to Him. He will guide you to your destiny if you let Him. Every answer we need lies in His word, the Holy Bible. Never forget.  

Love, 
Dedun

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer