#10DBC: Finding Your Tribe

1:09:00 PM


I've missed a number of days on this challenge but I'm still going to catch up and write either way.  Day 6 was about finding one's tribe. Your tribe will consist of people that support you and your made-to-fit cheerleaders that will always be there even when life isn't rosy. My current tribe consists of my ever supportive family and genuine friends that I've been blessed to meet along the way.

How do you know who to add to your tribe? Like I already mentioned, the person must have been there for you especially at times when you did not ask for it. They always show up for you and ride the waves with you. Someone that is a straight talker and will correct you when you are wrong. We aren't looking for a "kiss-as*" here.

The other part of this challenge was to pick and write about one or two people we aspire to be like. Honestly, I do not aspire to be like anyone. In this age of "packaging", one won't really know what happens behind closed doors of the person we've put on a pedestal. All I want from this life is to be
the greatest version of myself. If I aspire to be like someone, and in turn use that person's achievements as my goal, peradventure I fail miserably, it will be a disaster.

Mind you, I'm not saying we should not admire other's achievements but please don't use their journey as a mark for your own journey. I know everyone that knows Dangote want to be like him but I'm almost certain it's only for the "riches" part and not necessarily his person. Don't forget that character is more important than riches. So if you must have someone you aspire to be like, let it be because of the person's character and integrity.

____
This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 6

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer