Souled Song: I Made It - Fantasia

12:50:00 PM


There's something different today on Souled Song. I love Fantasia, right from her win on American Idol, I've been a fan. I patiently waited for her new album, The Definition of.., and I didn't wait in vain. My favorite song on that album is "I Made It" ft Tye Tribbett (Another fav artist of mine). It was released at an awesome time in my life, a week to my final exams and I said it will be my grad song and it sure was. Came home after been declared a Medical Doctor, turned on my speakers and killed the replay button on this song. I hope you like it as much as I do. (For copyright reasons, the video won't play directly on my site but only on Youtube)




"I done made it through the storm and the rain
So much heartache, pressure, so much pain
I've been broken into pieces, maybe more
Some nights I made my bed right on the floor"


Dedun: Ah, I know you see more of the "successful" sides of me but before those successes were days, months and years of pain, hard work, heartache. Just like any other human, I've been broken many times and yes I've slept off on my apartment floor after crying my eyes out. 

"The enemy really tried to take me out
Hit me with his best shot and knocked me down"

Dedun: He really tried it with me, I fell and gave up a few times but...

"But I'm still standing after all I've been through
I survived through all of this because of you"

Dedun: I defied all odds and stood my ground. You've read my testimonies and you know I will forever say I survived because of God's love for me. I did not stand on my own strength, I still am not standing because of my abilities but I'm still standing because of God. 

"I made it...yeah yeah I made it"

Dedun: You already know. I made it! I'm still making it! Life is a continuous journey. 

"I remember all those days I walked in shame
Only recognized for all of my mistakes
The ones I thought would stay, walked right out the door
Swear up high that my heart can't take no more
You're the only one that never left me
When everybody else just didn't care
You're the only one that really loved me"

Dedun: If I start to tell you how agonizing my final year in Secondary School was, you probably will understand better why I am this way. With all I was going through at age 16, I thought the cup will not pass over me. From that point till now, 'friends' I thought would stay and support me left without saying goodbye. I learnt never rely on people and turned to my family and God. Even when family didn't understand my struggles, God did. He has been the only constant one in my life, constant with His blessings and love. 

"I made it, through the storm and through the rain
I made it, every heartache and failure
I made it, I made it
I made it, I made it

I gotta say thank you Lord
Thank you Lord, thank you Lord
I would have never, never, never, never made it without you
Lord thank you
So grateful Jesus, I say thank you"

Dedun: Lord I can never pay you back for all you've done for imperfect me in your perfections. I'm eternally grateful for how far I've come and I will continually say Thank You Father! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer