The Confession: Part 4

12:10:00 PM


From the very beginning...

"I...wa-as..." I froze unable to complete my statement
I tried looking up. It felt surreal.
I felt somewhat pressured.

Sophia and few other College Press Club members courteously videoed and followed the incident.

I stood akimbo facing the fearfully dreaded panel of  lecturers.

"I was...well it all started when I declined Bukky's birthday party invitation during my first year because it fell during the examination week"


(A furious looking Bukky couldn't contain her anger as she picks up her book from her backpack.

"Nobody declines my invitation." She was bitter
"She should count herself lucky I even invited her. Shey na she be the only serious student abi?"
she kept thinking to herself. 

Bukky couldn't wait to tell her close friends about this when the current lecture was over.)
"I believe that was the point were it all began"
The room was dead silent when I stopped talking 
"Then I noticed, Bukky's grade was so good. I was marveled" I quickly added

("Have you seen the History results?" Martha eavesdropped from two students conversation.Like a cat placed on hot bricks, she rushed over to see, hoping to see if the results in her department was also available.It was. There was Miss Bukky Fatoke with an outstanding percentage of 99%. Martha had 94% and came fourth on the list."..but that girl partied all night, two nights before too. Snapchat stories don't lie. I thought all she knows is fashion and how to paint her lips beautifully!"She was shocked"How? but I've been burying my head on this since first week. how?")

'Indeed, I was marveled. Even Segun and Clara who came second and third on the list respectively didn't score more. Everyone knows the library is their second home'
I paused.

"So, I wanted to be like Bukky, I mean her study pattern. I was curious. how does she do it? I wanted to have fun and yet get great scores. I wanted her strategy!" 

"Slowly, I won my way into being her friend...I didn't care if it was forced..I just..."
"Miss Igwe" one of the lecturers interrupted
"So, her strategy to doing so well as you believe is to change grades online?"

"Yes" I replied

"Okay...do you have anything to say Miss Fatoke?"

"No" Bukky's voice was low


Jeremy and the rest narrated their encounter too. 

The video was played again. 

"Examination results taken as far back as when Miss Fatoke resumed has to be reviewed" he ordered

"Mr. Maxwell would take it up from here"

I was guessing she wasn't expelled because of her parent's 'special' contribution to the growth of the institute in it's recent years.

Soon after, this went viral on campus. 
"Who 'special' contribution don epp?Bukky!!!" became everyone's favorite mocking cheer. 

THE END.

____
Thank you Angela Nnaka for this story. It relates well with students that think the person getting the best grades is better than them. For one, you don't know how and why they get those grades so it's best you follow your own path and focus on your books. Wear you own shoes and mend any part that needs mending. You are not in a competition with your class mates, study for excellent grades and not with the intention of getting more than your classmate. I wish you the very best with your Education, finish great. 

If you'd like to send in any story you've written, feel free to message me or comment below. Thanks

Love,
Dedun

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer