#10DBC: My Perfect Day

11:36:00 AM


Aside from the honeymoon days on a magical island when the beautiful sunrise wakes my husband and I up, I yearn for a perfect day I will describe below. Right now, I'm imagining a life before marriage so no kids to bath and prep for school.

  • 6am - I'm not a morning person but I've experienced how wonderful a day pans out when you wake up early. Hopefully, I develop this early morning habit and actually wake up at 6am not 8! 
  • 7am -  I finally get out of bed by 7am because I was busy tossing and turning for one hour! LOL I just told you I'm not a morning person. I did something productive though, I read my devotional, prayed, called my employees to brief them on today's target and important things to get done. 
  • 8am - By this time I'm set to leave my place. Makeup done, I've had breakfast that I really don't care much for but as always, my mother's voice telling me "breakfast is the most important meal of the day", forced me to have one. 
  • 8.30 am - Driving peacefully to work with no ridiculous traffic jam, no ruthless driver to yell at. I don't have road rage so I doubt I'd curse out anyone on the road anyway but who knows? I've heard of ruthless drivers in Lagos so that city can turn on my raging side if I ever live and drive there. Twenty minutes tops and I'd be at work. 
  • 9.30am - Who was I kidding? Twenty minutes turned to an hour and I'm finally at work at a top consulting firm. I'm late though but my boss is an amazing one that understands that this lateness must have been for a very good reason because I'm always punctual. It's okay, my day is still going fine. 
  • 9.30am -12pm - Less stressful work day today. Easy going and finally time for lunch break! Even with the breakfast, my stomach still had the gut (pun intended) to growl and embarrass me. Off to the office canteen to get some delicious Jollof Rice with Smoked Beef and Coleslaw because I don't like the serenren in the 'Nigerian salad'
  • 12.30pm-4pm - After the usual post-lunch work flow, it's finally closing time! For me, my real day just started. 
  • 4.30pm - Thirty minutes drive to my business complex, I arrive and I'm greeted by an employee, the complex manager. I'm briefed on what the day has been like, the high inflow of customers and clients and how much we've made so far. I'm elated because it's been a great business day even in my absence.
  • 4.45pm - I inspect the different parts of the complex, from the Bakery to the Salon, Make-up store to the Restaurant.
  • 6pm - Back in my personal office where I do some paper work while waiting for the dinner I ordered from the Restaurant. What did I order? Pounded yam with Egusi and Goat Meat with some Suya to snack on before closing time. 
  • 8pm - Dinner done, paper work done. Called my mum to check up on her and it's time to start prepping for closing time. I head back to the stores and monitor my employees while helping in any way I can to make the closing time easier for them. 
  • 9pm - Coast is clear. The complex is closed. For the next hour, we have to close the tills and balance the account book. My accountant is busy doing that while I remind the cleaners how they should clean (LOOL the boss mentality. It's never as clean as you when you do it yourself)
  • 10pm - Finally heading home and in ten minutes I'm home. Time to indulge in missed episodes of Jenifa's Diary and sleep off on the soft comfy couch in my living room while the glass of sweet red wine stares at me annoyingly "this woman you always pour me and never drink me, smh"
_________
Hope you enjoyed this. As per usual, this is Day 3 and this blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer