TMNS: Dry Bones

12:49:00 PM


Today when I logged on the blog, I started typing something else then this topic just laid in my heart and I had to cancel what I wrote. Dry bones.. What comes to your mind when you hear dry bones? Last night, I was so tired because it was a really long and busy day for me. I had dinner at 12.30am and I just dumped the plate on the table beside me. When I started typing the post I cancelled, I turned to my table and saw the plate. The bones of the chicken I was too tired to crush and chew laid there in the plate, dry and cracked. I just said no, there must be a reason why "dry bones" has been laid in my heart so I opened my bible to Ezekiel 37, where we have the valley of dry bones from Verse 1 - 14.

Summary of these verses is that God gave Ezekiel the authority to prophesy into the dry bones to come back to life but there was a process to it.

  1. Prophesy: If God wanted to make things quick, He could have just told the dry bones to come back to life with just one word. But He knew that men like to understand a process before they can believe and moreover, we learn more from lessons right? There was a lesson to this. Sometimes, like the children of Israel, we Christians wallow in self pity and say God has abandoned us when in truth, He has given us authority to command and bring life back and just waiting for you to perform what He has taught you in His word. Are we tapping into that authority? 
  2. A force (the rattling sound and noise): Verse 7. Even after prophesying, nature has to take it's course and obey your command too. You need a force to work for you in the process. 
  3. Layer by layer assembly: Verse 8. It started with the tendons, then muscle then skin. It was a beautiful process to behold. 
  4. Another Prophesy: Now that it looks like everything is ready, there's still one more step. You are to take that last step of breathing new life into what you just created. 
  5. Life: It can live again.
  6. Where there's life, there's hope: The new life has another chance. To revisit old mistakes and not repeat them again. To hope for a better journey and ending. 
Relating it to us, there are a lot of things in our lives that died unexpectedly, prematurely etc but do you know that they have another chance? Perhaps it could be your walk with God that died when you experienced something traumatic. You wanted God to show up for you so badly but He didn't, so you gave up on Him. Do you also know that as believers of the word, we have been given authority over the world, over the devil and his schemes and God is just, ever patiently, waiting for us to make the move so He can help us? He's waiting for us to rise and stamp our feet down against the devil. He's waiting for you to tap and use the anointing He bestowed upon you when you gave your life to Him.

I want us to know that there's a process to rejuvenation. Yes, sometimes instantaneous miracles do happen but even in that miracle there was a process. From your faith having a role, to the command that caused the miracle and the forces that joined to perform the miracle. It's all a process. Remember, God is not friends with a lazy man,a lazy man than can't carry his bible to know and worship God but yet thinks he can command life to dry bones without preparation. You can curse Him and say He abandoned you in your trying times but did you find Him in His word? He is always there. He just wants you to meet Him where He promised to be always, the Holy Bible.

To you my dear reader, don't convince yourself that your situation is irreversible. My God that performs wonders and miracles just wants you to exercise your faith and prophesy with His word. We should not be like the Israelites that said ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’  Even when we abandon Him, He doesn't cut us off so don't believe that you have no hope or that your bones are dried because in God's sight, everything has life. Your perspective determines your reality. I can only pray that we put to good use the authority we have over situation in our lives. Let every dry bone rise and live again!

Love,
Dedun

You Might Also Like

2 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer