Souled Song: Onise Iyanu - Nathaniel Bassey

11:29:00 AM


I know this is not our scheduled Friday post as usual but you know I said I can be spontaneous with the blog posts. Our regular Friday recipe will resume duties when I have all my ingredients to film one. So on Episode 2 of Souled Song, I have here Nathaniel Bassey - Onise Iyanu ..I found this song when someone tweeted about it and out of curiosity I searched youtube and fell in love with it. It's not a yoruba song. The only Yoruba part is the "Onise Iyanu" which means "Worker of Wonders" . You know how we do. I will quote my favorite lines and tell you the meaning it gives my soul. Awesome awesome song. 




"Onise Iyanu
You are the God of awesome wonders
I’ve tasted of your power
Onise Iyanu
You have shown me so much mercyMuch more than I deserve"


Dedun: So many times I've failed but God's mercies remain. Only His undeserving mercy brought me this far.

"My eyes have seen, my ears have heard
The wonders of your praise"


Dedun: For the sake of not putting one's business out there, I will just say my God is definitely a God of wonders. The God that will turn a failure to a pass. In June alone, I witnessed 4 Miracles. Ah only my God could've done them. 

"Your outstretched arm
Has lifted me

You took away the chains and chords 
That held me bound"

Dedun: Sometimes you don't know you are in chains until they are broken. You can't set yourself free on your own. God's hands are so strong and powerful that him lifting you alone will break every yoke in your life. When I was set free, I played and prayed with Tasha Cobb's "Break every Chain" song. That is also another powerful song by the way. 

"when I behold the things you do
I just can’t hold back my praise"

Dedun: The day I passed my Neurology exam has to be my most romantic moment with God thus far. You see, I failed my first chance last year and was so angry because I spent weeks studying for it. On the day I passed it, I wasn't supposed to take my exam that day because there was no space and I was traveling that day too. I told God, if you want me to take this exam, let me get registered for it. That was how the secretary, whom everyone told me wouldn't sign me up, did... and she registered me five minutes to the deadline. That was a miracle. So when I passed the exam, I was so amazed by God's wonders I just couldn't hold back my praise. I wept, slept off while praying and weeping. That's how one's praise to God should be...don't hold back! 

I hope this song blesses you like it has blessed me. Listen with your soul! 

_______

There are still seats available for my event, Power Lunch & Workshop. You can register here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer