To My Unborn Child

11:19:00 AM


Dear Child,

I knew right from your conception that you will be greater than I ever was. I knew this new seed was more than special and by no means was I going to lose you. From your painful kicks and turns, swirling around like an excited fish in a small aquarium not having any care in the world how the turbulence affected me. Then you knocked, asking me to open the door so you could enter this unknown world. I let you out painfully, screaming and punching your daddy.  Eventually, after a few hours the world welcomed you, like a king, crowned in His glory and majesty.

 I watched you grow, crying, crawling to eventually walking, still a cry baby. The first time you called me mummy, brought tears to my eyes and made me wonder if my mum also cried the first time I called her mummy. Years kept passing and your limbs wouldn't stop growing. Your fat cheeks became slimmer and you started turning into an handsome young man right in front of me and this made me miss the times your cheeks were so puffy and kissable. The times I dropped you off at school and you wouldn't let me follow you further so your friends won't call you a mummy's boy. Puberty hit, from your voice getting thicker to you hiding your phone so I wouldn't see who you are chatting with, a beautiful girl I suppose but I must warn you son, not all that glitters is gold and also, this new world is one we must pay close attention to before we get lost in it.

 I must let you know I never troubled my mum neither did I give her sleepless nights except for the scary times the world turned against it's own and my safety was questioned. This forever changing world is the reason I'm writing you this letter. My King, I don't want you to conform to this world. This instruction is the most important one I can ever give you. My mother said the world was different in her time and she was right. There was no social media and the quickest way to communicate with someone was by post letters or physically going to the person's house. In my time, social media became the in-thing and I must say it destroys. Please son don't let it destroy you. Trust your judgement and your upbringing when it comes to dealing with others. Love them close and if you must, love those that can't be close to you from afar. Don't hold hatred in your heart and be more forgiving than I was. Put God first and this goes hand in hand with the first advice I gave. You can't do it without God and if people put doubts in your mind that He doesn't exist, let them know that you would rather live your life as if there's a God than to live like there isn't, only to be disappointed when this world ends that there really is a God greater than this life we claim to be ours.

 Girls will come and go but don't lose yourself trying to chase after one.Don't be deceived to think sex is a must outside of marriage. I waited for your father and it might sound absurd in this present world, where sex is nothing but a compulsory exchange between two individuals claiming to be in a relationship, I want you to wait for your wife. She will bear your loins and support you in every way no one else can. I pray that you won't have to experiment before you find the one that will be your helper. I started dating early but if not for God's wisdom, I would have lost my crown while following ungodly men that were out to be glorious bastards and disrespectful ingrates. Then your daddy came along and I was blessed with the best man I could've loved more than myself. I see him in you and with that said, I want you to be in that lesser percentage of the male specie that don't look down on women or belittle them to just be sex objects or kitchen aids. I'm happy you grew up in a loving environment and you witnessed how your father treated me. Like a Queen and a little egg, cherish your wife for she's the only one that will have your back when the world doesn't. If your wife troubles you, report her to God. If your children are stubborn, report them to God. Please don't be a woman beater because if you turned out to be one, I will have to question if my real son was swapped with you at the hospital where I delivered you. The man is the head of the home, please be an excellent one.

 Talking about jobs, please don't belittle your workers. Yes I know you will be a boss because I was a boss in my time. "My seeds shall be greater than me" was my prayer concerning you and your siblings' lives and I trust that the prayer has been answered. After going through life's hurdles, I believe you are now a man after God's heart and you've been blessed with a huge business and as life's chain goes, you have workers. Let them come first because without them, you can't do it alone. Be there for them when they need you. They are family, pray for them like you would for your blood family. If some of them rebel against you, pray for them, forgive them and let them go.

 I don't know how else to say this but my child, trust no one. Life is fickle and even friends that smile at and hail you, can wish you ill. Choose your friends right. I must confess that I'm not the best judge of character but the times I could smell foul from a supposed friend, I run. Don't be scared to run, for this life's race is a "run your race, I run my own". They will blame you for running but won't blame themselves for making you run. Don't pay attention to the ill talks for they will surely come regardless and while you run, don't forget to pray they are also successful in their race because selfishness would get you no where. The world is a wicked place, please run your race carefully making sure you protect yourself from harm. I had my fair share of the ugly while trying to get my feet stamped in time. From losing friends to making bad life choices, at the end of it all, I eventually found myself in Christ and I've never been lost since then.

 Finally son, in all that you do, strive to be better than you were yesterday. That was my driving force in life and as always, it doesn't hurt to reach for perfection. There will always be room for improvement. I can't over emphasize how God needs to be priority in everything you do. Be one of God's soldiers no matter the cost. May your years be longer than mine and may God's name forever be praised.

I Love You Son.
Mama




You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer