TMNS: But I Prayed

4:27:00 PM


So many times we are angry at God for things turning opposite of what we prayed for. As students, it could be for exams, financial miracles or relationships too. From my experience I think the one time I was really mad at God was for a relationship I thought would last. Sometimes when I remember that time I just shake my head and wished I knew better then. Quick story, had an ex, and I don't believe in break up and make up etc so I buried that relationship, only for said ex to come back asking for a rematch. I decided to do the needful and pray about it. I really prayed o and fasted sef, in a period of two months. When he finally asked me out again, I thought that was God's answer to my prayer. Anyway during the relationship, there were plenty signs shouting at me to leave but no I was so stubborn I didn't listen to the voice telling me to leave, convincing myself that I prayed for this relationship. When I finally had the last straw, I got out and was so mad at God. I thought I prayed that I would get it right. I distanced myself from God for a long time. I didn't have the energy to pray but thankfully I never forgot to say thank you everyday and I must say that those thank yous to God got me back to my feet.

You see most times as believers we expect God to come out of hiding and tell us straight up what we want to hear. We have the answer all up in our head that we search for it everywhere we go. Any little thing we hear/see, we think that's the answer. There's power in prayer and there's also power in faith to believe in God's timing. Don't go searching for imaginary answers when the bible is there with all the answers you need. Sometimes students go all nonchalant on their studies but expect a word of prayer to miraculously scale them through with a pass. If it worked that way I think nobody will study. Hard work and prayers go hand in hand... anyway don't want this post to be too long so I will just say the next time you feel disappointed, wailing but I Prayed, remember that God's timing is different from ours. As much as you trust that He will answer you, also trust in His Timing.

Love,
Dedun

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer