Finding Your Purpose

3:15:00 PM



Some people are here on earth but are not life conscious. This post is for the life conscious beings. Permit me to further divide this group of beings into two, the ones that have found their purpose and those that are vigorously searching for theirs. With this, we can say a life conscious being is one who knows there has to be a purpose attached to their existence. I searched for the definition of Purpose and it said "The reason for which something exists." Have you asked yourself the reason why you exist? Why, despite all the unrest in the world, you are still alive? Despite your sufferings and shortcomings, you still wake up everyday to face what the day brings.

I remember for a long long time, after hearing a sermon in church about purpose, I was determined to find out what mine were. I mean I have all these businesses but still something was amiss. I couldn't figure it out. Even now, I won't beat my chest and claim I know 100% what my purpose is/are but I can boldly tell you that I found one and that is to be a voice of reasoning and help people. When I was younger, I knew I was wise beyond my years, even people around me could affirm to that but I didn't maximize on that wisdom and apply it to my life. If I had, I wouldn't have been foolish to leave God's path and chase after useless things. I mentioned in another post about the long fast period I had, on day 10, finding my purpose was my prayer point. In my note, I wrote done this verse, 1 Peter 2:9 "For you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light"

The highlighted part of that verse is where the answer lies. Your purpose is found in Him who brought you out of darkness into His light. You can only find your purpose when you find Christ. See how I've had this blog for six years but never fully tapped into it's potential. Six years is a very long time to invest into a blog and if I did, I can say that this blog would have gone places unimaginable. I just invested time into it after I went back to Christ and I'm thankful for that because if I blogged consistently while I was in sin, I would have passed sin across to you reading. It will only make life worse for me because I would've been responsible for other people's mistakes.

Now to you that is still confused about your purpose, please heed to my advice that you need to get your life right with Christ first. If you don't, you can't fulfill your purpose as Christ intended. Moreover, while performing the duties attached to your purpose, you will need divine strength and who else can give you that? Finding your purpose goes beyond your educational background and skills. Instead you use these to aid the fulfillment of that purpose. I wish I could tell what your purpose really is but like I said, that is your journey. Let Christ lead the way. 

Let me finally mention an important point. The teacher said in church today that your seed will grow depending on the surrounding seeds. If your purpose in life is to bring people to God but your association's purpose in life is to live carefree, don't you see that those two contradicts? They will constrict your seed's growth and make it redundant and eventually, no purpose will be fulfilled. So while you are trying to get back to God and find your purpose, look around you, make sure they are doing the same thing and not the opposite. If not, you will not get to you destination. I wish you the very best. We are all on this journey together. Have a blessed week.

Love,
Dedun

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. nice write up, I've always focused more on the first part of 1 Peter 2:9, keep it going girl.

    I also want to add, am currently reading a book by Bill John son on purpose and there he says one simple way to know if you're living purposeful is that what you're doing gives back life to you and builds you up instead of draining you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right. If it's draining physically, emotionally, spiritually then it is not for you. It's worthy to mention that you don't have to try everything before you figure out which one of them isn't draining. That is why prayers and fasting will guide you faster towards your purpose.

      Delete

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer