My Most Embarrassing Moments

6:18:00 PM


I'm about to embarrass myself again. Funny enough, can't remember everything especially the really good ones but the first one below is still the most embarrassing one for me till date.

  • Karma never rests, she works 24/7: Can't remember the exact age I as but I'm guessing 19. I was in the UK for winter holiday and one fateful snowy day, I went out to the town centre in Coventry. While waiting for the pedestrian light to cross to the other side, I saw this fine girl  slip and fall hard. Eh that's how I laughed so hard in my head. I swear I didn't mean to but as karma will have it, the next day, at that same place, Dedun slipped worse than the person she laughed at. In fact, my fall was so bad I went down with my behind first then my head. Nobody even helped me. I just stood up, dusted myself and didn't look back (Incase someone was laughing at me too)
  • The one time lateness got me in trouble: First day of Neurology block practice in 5th year, I didn't know how the HOD was neither did I know he was taking the first class. Class started at 8.15am and I entered the class 8.25a only to be welcomed with 35 pairs of staring eyes and an extra pair of the HOD with his voice directed at me "This should be the first and last time you will come late for a class here if not, you will repeat the practice". Omo I just jejely went to the back and sat down. Had it in my mind that my face was marked in his memory and it didn't help that sometimes our skin color doesn't make us invisible. Needless to say, I never got to any class late and my oga never took another class during that block practice. 
  • When sleep took over: Surgery practice, better be there by 7.30am and make sure you sleep early because it's going to be a looooooooonnnnggg day. As per usual, slept at 4am, woke up 6.30am. Got to the OR and thankfully I was just observing that day. As sleep was in charge, these people just played into it's hands and turned off the lights and only the OR lamps where on. As I am kuku black and now in relative darkness, I just adjusted and took a position by the wall ready to drift away. That's how I slept off and by the time I opened one eye to see if anybody noticed me, the room lights were on. 
  • When you don't pay attention during a convo: I have a short attention span and I was chatting with this guy (not a friend) and he just went on and on and I just drifted away. That's how I responded yeah to something. Next thing I heard, "what day is good for you?" Ah I con confuse I had to ask for what? As you can guess, it was for a date o. I had to start explaining that I didn't mean yeah for a date that I heard something else. LOOL! 
  • When mother nature calls you answer: you know that little sign that tells you you need to visit no2, yeah the sign happened when I was in a bus filled with 8 people. Windows closed, AC on. The person beside me obviously knew because he couldn't help but ask the driver to drop down the front window. :( :(
___
That's it for now guys. Will try to remember some good ones and possibly update this list. 
xoxo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer