Souled Song: Saints & Sinners - Monica

3:02:00 PM

For starters, I love Monica but I really wasn't keeping up with her songs until this year. I like the album that has today's song, it's called Code Red. Why do I like this song? In simple words, it relates with how God makes us sinners, saints through His grace and mercy. Couldn't find a video with lyrics so please use this link for the lyrics




"Guide my heart, hold my hand, as I try to walk the path.
So much potential, so many thoughts. Lead me so I don't get lost.
If I get lost, along the way, I need your grace, I need your grace."


Dedun: My daily prayer is that God should always lead and guide my path. It's very easy to get lost when you depend on your potential and those numerous thoughts that project in different directions. Sometimes we do get lost, but God's grace can put us back on our paths. 

"Something I'm feeling just takes over me, just want to give up.
Know how it is when you lose everything, 
Something about your love let's me know that the story's not over it's just the start, 
and in my darkest hour, you know my heart"

Dedun: Just because you see the positive sides of me on the blog doesn't mean I don't have my moment of calling it quits but when I don't feel like doing it for myself, I remember the number of people looking up to me for encouragement. Giving up is so easy when you are deep in your thoughts and nothing looks right. It also helps to remember that our first love, God, knows our heart deeper than we know it. That helps in the trying times, when everything looks gloomy and dark. Always remember, your story doesn't end as long as you still have life! Never give up. 

"Now I've tried my ways
but the way that I need is Yours
I look to You when it's all right
I'll look to You when it's all wrong
Please, remind me, when I get low
What You see when you look at me
What You know I can be"

Dedun: So many times, we depend on our strengths and when things seem to be looking good, we forget the author and finisher of our faith. When times are low, we start to blame Him for the low times when in truth, we never looked up to Him during the good times as consistent as when things got low. We need to know that even when it looks like your potential got you to where you are now, know that if that wasn't God plan for you, it wouldn't have happened. Let's always remember that in the good and bad times, we should always look up to God. He's our number 1 encourager, He already knows our future and sees the best in us than any mortal can ever see. 

"You said You would never go
So I need You to walk, I need You to talk
I need You to hold me close
Please be my fence Lord,
In those darkest times I see
One set of foot steps
Walking in the sand
I know that You carry me
One thing I know, that I'm sure"

Dedun: Last week, I wrote on Instagram how I've been confused especially concerning my next move (Location wise). God made me understand that when I stay committed in faith and walk closely with Him, He will take me to where I need to be. It's my responsibility to never let Him go, to continue walking in His foot steps and when I get weary, He will carry me and that's certain. God's our fence and shield from the evil in this world, we really need Him.

"We all need you; preachers, deacons, thugs, and drug dealers.
Your Grace makes all Saints out of Sinners
Your Grace, Your Grace, Your Grace and Mercy
We need your Joy, Love, Peace, Happiness is in you
Only your Grace and Mercy can see me through"

Dedun: We all need God, even the most spiritually upright needs God. It's very easy to slip and it's the most painful when you fall from a great height. Only God's grace, mercy and love can keep us from leaving our paths and only His Grace can turn all sinners to Saints! The kind of grace that can turn the person with the dirtiest robe to the cleanest! How marvelous thou art!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer