My Trip to Palma de Mallorca

11:56:00 AM



It's difficult to create photo album with blogger post. Please help me manage the disorderliness of this post. So I've missed traveling sha. Final year of med school didn't allow me travel to places I would've loved to visit and now that I have free time, this naija's rate wahala will not let a baby girl shine but mba, my friend, Jumoke decided to spoil me rotten with this trip! I was so surprised, get you a Jumoke and be one too *wink* After counting down to the trip, we finally arrived Palma (an island in Spain), on Saturday afternoon. Mind you, we actually went to relax so this post is not all so touristy lol. I'm not even a dedicated tourist, I can travel and stay in my hotel room throughout. 

Day 1, we got to the hotel and we were disappointed at the size, it looked so big in the pictures but oh well we were too hungry to moan about that so we left the hotel in search of a restaurant. We found one that was recommended by the hotel and settled for it. After turning the restaurant to photo shoot studio while eating hot garlic bread, food finally arrived and once again, we were disappointed. I wish I could explain how my lamb tasted but let's leave that to imagination. After dinner, we decided to try the tickling fish pedicure, it was nice while it lasted. Afterwards, back to the hotel room to watch movie and sleep. 

Day 2 was a Sunday and we had planned a nice beach day only to wake up to a gloomy weather looking like 2pm during winter season. No sunshine, nothing but we were determined to still have a nice day so after breakfast, we spent hours getting ready ahah. Did my friend's and I makeup and it was time for another round of photoshoot. We must have taken 100s of Pictures in total but the last one did it for me. Sharp sharp, I updated Instagram and off we went to the empty beach lol. Another mini shoot and some minutes admiring the clouds, it was time to look for lunch. After following a trail to Mrs Johnson's restaurant, we got there, checked the menu and did a correct U-turn. We thought it was going to be gbadun menu o only to see a menu written with pen lol. We finally found a nice looking one and settled down ready to devour whatever was brought to my front. After our disappointment yesterday we decided to order safe food (rice and spaghetti) and Lord be a shield, another disappointment. No seasoning whatever, my curry was a fail! A 5 year old will cook a better curry than the one I had. We just compensated with some tiramisu and wine and left the place. As we headed back, we stopped by the beach to take pictures with the sunset. Afterwards, we looked around the shops and I found a sunglasses store. Tried on a couple Ray bans, saw the price tag, brought out my scissors and cut my coat according to my size. Said my muchos gracias and exited. We bought snacks, drinks and headed back to the hotel to watch Iroko on the Balcony. That was how we passed the night till it was time to sleep. 

Day 3 was touring day. We took a bus from our resort, Santa Ponca, to the city centre which was about 30 mins away. The way the driver sped, I was not understanding. It was a windy day anyway and when we got to the destination, we saw this large cathedral with loads of tourists. Took a couple of pictures, walked around it because we didn't want to spend money to go inside lol. Who cathedral epp? Finally found a nice and affordable sun shade to buy alongside some nice souvenirs. After walking like the Israelites but without Moses, we finally found a restaurant by the beach to eat lunch. I ordered Wok and although we were lucky with the taste this time, I barely ate anything. Can you believe all that was in the plate was 4 fork rounds of noodles? Shoot me now! After walking all day, that's all I got to eat o. Was too annoyed to order dessert sef  because the place was expensive and the menu wasn't all that. Honestly, I'm not an annoying eater. I'm very simple so when simple doesn't cut it, I get annoyed. We left and waited for our tour bus. This tour bus carried us upandan but there was nothing much to see really. There's not much happening in Palma for tourists. Just book a hotel in a nice resort, go for massage, rest and go back to where you are coming from. Anyways, we finished the tour and just looked around town for a few things to buy and we entered the next bus back to our resort. As we were still hungry, we ordered food from a pizzeria, took it to our room, opened the food in excitement and once again, disappointment fell in. We managed the food cos we ain't got a choice, watched movies and slept. Woke up for breakfast on our last day, Day 4, went back to the room, slept till the Receptionist woke us up. Packed our bags and off to the airport we went!

Back to Vienna, I rested for another 2 Days and came back to Hungary. End of Vacation
Restaurant photoshoot
See how huge the lamb is. Wish size=taste :( 
Fish Pedicure

The last picture I liked
Mini beach shoot. lol fail! No sun

Jumoke's lunch.. no salt

kiss kiss That's Jumoke




Sunset in Palma


Our Hotel, Plaza Beach


We finally got someone to take our picture






The Cathedral. Didn't bother with history
View of part of Palma from a high point.

Cathedral at night


You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer