TMNS: He Comes First

1:35:00 PM


Hello everyone, Happy Tuesday. What I'm sharing today has been in my journal for quite a while now and I shared it on my bible app profile. Was thinking of what to share on TMNS today and I just happen to find this lost note I made. It's funny because I found a lot of written notes that I wish I didn't forget about and stayed true to them and this one is an example. Like I wrote in the last TMNS post, it took me some time to realize that God wasn't priority. Thank God I didn't remain blind in my folly and wiped my dirty eyes clean. I really pray this encourages someone like the last post did although I edited and added a few sentences. Remember that you can send anything you'd like me to talk about on the blog to my email or facebook. 

"While doing my devotion this morning, I decided to go to a bible passage randomly and then i stumbled on Ecclesiastes 5. Reading that chapter alone taught me new things. 

1. I should not cherish my education/job more than I cherish God. 
2. I should never be too proud and boastful of what I have because I may never have it again. 
3. Whether I'm rich or poor, I should always give thanks and know that God will put me where I'm supposed to be. 

These 3 new things are very important especially the first one. Let me elaborate: During the course of getting my MD degree, most times when there's an oral test/exam coming up, I get so nervous and scared of the professor that'll examine me, I just don't like oral exams. Anyway, my point here is that nervousness and fear are two things you'd rarely find in most of us when we offend God which is very wrong. Our conscience should be strong enough (that is, filled with the Holy Spirit) to instill the fear of wrong doing in us. I figured that I was more scared of my examiner even before the exam than I was when I offend(ed) God. Thing is having the fear of the Lord would remove every fear of a human being set before you. And if you are working, it doesn't matter how tedious the job is or how ridiculous your boss it, put them in His hands and He'll carry it for you, God never forgets His own. For in Eccleasiates 5:8b, it is written that "for high official watches over high official,and higher officials are over them." For me that verse means that the examiner /boss that seems to be in power has someone that is above them in every way and He watches over me. Therefore God should be cherished more than the worldly education/money we pursue because He'll see us through rather than relying only on one's strength. 

For points 2 and 3, after reading Ecc 5:15-16 you should understand why I wrote those points. We came with nothing, we will leave with nothing. If you like boast till today till tomorrow, carry your money on your shoulder, show off on social media, everything would remain on earth when your soul leaves even if they put them in your casket. Regardless, all I'm saying is this vain pursuit of riches and happiness won't go with us when we die. Don't let us make it more of a priority than God because some people would rather get rich or die trying (lol) but it's true. Why not get to know God (with all sincerity) and die trying, that way, eternal life is yours. Riches last a lifetime (no certainty), God is eternal (100% certain)!" 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer