Snap-Recipe: Quick and Easy Chicken Curry

3:46:00 AM





YAS!! So I'm 'notorious' for always posting food on my snapchat (Sheaintu) and after getting requests to send the videos sometimes, I got an idea to share quick less than 2mins collage video of the recipes I share on snapchat. Silly me, after sharing this curry recipe, I clicked on save snaps and unknowingly, not everything saved!! Only those I saved before posting, oh well, I've improvised by writing the steps in text instead. I'm awake at 3.30am right now to post this because I promised Szasza I'll compile and post it this morning. Please forgive the amateur edit. Share your food snap with me when you try the recipe and also you can send in your food requests. 


 Ingredients

600g Chicken breast
400ml Coconut Milk
1tbsp Tomato Puree
2tbsp Curry
1tsp Dry Hot Pepper
1tsp Cinnamon
1tsp Sugar
2 Seasoning Cubes
1tsp Salt 
1 Bayleaf
2 Scotch Bonnet
1 Onion
1-2 Paprika
1tbsp Oil
Other Spices of Choice




Video






  • Heat up a non stick pan. Place the clean chicken and let it char on both sides.
  • Chop them in pieces, add the seasoning cube, some salt, hot pepper and other spices and stir-fry. Drain out any excess chicken liquid that comes up.
  • Chop up the onions, scotch bonnets and paprika. 
  • In a hot sauce pan, add the oil, the chopped onions, scotch bonnets, paprika, curry, cinnamon, salt, sugar, bayleaf, other spices. Stir an fry a little (you might cough!)
  • Add the coconut milk and tomato paste. Adjust the taste and add more seasoning cube/salt if needed. Cover the pot and let it simmer on medium heat for 10mins
  • Add the chicken bits, reduce heat to low, cover the pot and let it cook together for another 10mins.
  • Serve with rice, naan and any other side you wish. yum yum. 
NB: I love onions but you can omit them and also the paprika.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer