What Are You Grateful For?

6:25:00 PM

*****
okay this is a spontaneous post. Didn't plan to write this.

Out of the blues, I decided to think about the highlights of my 2011. Got lots and lots of memories. I don't even know the best one. I'm grateful for numerous things though. One being the fact that I found my writing talent in 2011.

My initial reason for opening this blogspot account wasn't because I knew I could write. It was because I read an article my friend wrote about Nigerian movies and it was so funny that I wanted to put it as my facebook status but coz it was a large article, I decided to open this account so I could paste it here then share the link on facebook.
here's the link:

http://trainofhearts.blogspot.com/2010/02/peculiarities-of-nigerian-movies.html

As you can see this was almost two years ago.. and I didn't post anything on here until 15months after. That was when I knew I could do something extra useful with a pen and my hand. I got inspiration from an experience and it was amazing to me how I could write it in less than 30mins. That speed inspired me to try writing as a hobby. But there was a problem, I didn't know what to write about anymore. So i started thinking of interesting experiences and so on.

My next story was part fiction part non-fiction but I was so happy that I had the gift of changing words. That was exactly when I knew God had given me a talent I never knew was there. You know the rest of the story.

****
My point is sometimes we never really know the talents that are swimming helplessly in us until we decide to try something out. Need I say that I've tried drawing.. Like them sketches for making clothes and all but I wasn't good at it. I gave it up coz I knew there's really nothing there except I decide to go to a school of fashion for it. Long thing. But i'm considering make-up school though. I've seen a lil bit of talent there. *batting eyelashes*

Enough of talents but I'll tell you one thing though... Try doing something you've never done(talent wise).

****
I'm also grateful for my life. I probably wouldn't have made it to 2011 if I had went ahead with the stupid decision of committing suicide but I'm so happy for the friends I have and my nuclear family, they are the reason I'm still standing and excited for 2012.

****

I'm madly grateful for my Mum.. wouldn't have asked for a better mother if I was given the opportunity. She massively believes in me even when I told her I wanted to give up on med school(here I am planning for Anat finals). She's been so strong. Looking beautiful at her age. I so wanna look as beautiful as she is when I get to that age.

****

Also grateful for my Debrecen family. I know Nigerians here are a lot but then I can say that's a very good thing that could happen to someone when you are far away from home. (excluding US&UK..those places are proper "Nigerian countries").

****

Can't remember any other thing coz they are a lot. But in all, Almighty Lord, your daughter, Oluwo Adedunmola, is ever grateful for every single thing you've done. Mentioned or not. Patiently gonna wait for the testimonies 2012 have to offer.

What are you grateful for?

btw, I finally have a "DEC 31st, 2011" post. lool

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hahaha...u too! U battle ur eyelashes X_x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahaha i just noticed properly...

    ReplyDelete

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer