The meeting, The proposal, The .......

8:10:00 PM

I could have sworn that I was all for "Team keep your innocence for your husband." Don't get me wrong, I still support the movement but...........

******

I "met" George at a training section that was hosted at my place of work. The moment he walked into the hall, I silently said to myself 'Damn, who's this able-bodied bloke'. Lol I'm not saying it was love at first sight, was just appreciating what was before me. Anyway, I brushed it off and put back on my coat of work ethics. The day went by without talking to the unknown man.

As fate would have it, I got transferred to his branch five months after. I forgot to mention that I worked in a bank as an accountant. I really hated the word "transfer" because it felt like secondary school steeze all over again. My new colleagues were nice to me though. They welcomed me with a mini office party, after office hours.


It was during this party that he walked up to me and said "Hello ma'am, I'm George and you are?" I replied with a sly smile "I'm Trisha. Nice to meet you George". The whole pleasantries went on and after, say an hour, the party was over and everyone had dispersed.

I'll spare you "the woo-ing process" story and go straight to the point. After a year, George and I started dating. For me, it was really nothing serious, at first, because I agreed to date him just so he could stop being too persistent on my case. My initial reason for been reluctant to date him was coz I planned not to have any personal relationship with a colleague. You get me? Anyway, the plan's been ruined.

After Six months of loving what was not, I started seeing the persistent part of George again, this time around, it was for the nookie. I give up/in easily but I decided to be strong this time. So I turned my persistent self on and continuously told him no, with a reason. Trust me I was ready for him to break up with me, like they usually do but surprisingly, he didn't. Instead , he said he'll wait for the right time. For that statement, I found myself falling head over heels with my boyfriend.

We grew closer and the moments with him were the best moments of my life. On our second year anniversary, he proposed. I must confess that I expected it. Reason being that he didn't tell someone who could keep it secret. His friend spilled the beans. ;)


It was that night I decided to give him the cookie. I believed it was due because first of all, I had a ring(which obviously meant he'll be my husband); secondly, the day was so romantic and I didn't want to ruin the ambiance with my virgin talk; and lastly, I felt he had waited enough and was worth having it.


Three weeks later, the result came out positive. Yes I was pregnant!! Did you see that coming? Silly me definitely didn't. Devastation, regret and sadness filled my soul. This was not the way I had planned it. I didn't want a love child. Why did it have to be me? Why did I fall into the 25% of the unlucky ones that get pregnant at first intercourse. I didn't tell him about it until a week later when he stormed into my office demanding for explanation. Apparently a fellow colleague had told him. He was hurt but that wasn't my concern at that moment. After ranting, he gave his verdict and said I must keep the baby. Oh well Mr. Intelligent, I didn't plan to abort it before your verdict so you really didn't make a point.


Before I could say J...ill, the news had spread. I can bet it circulated faster than the engagement news. Little did I realize the gravity of the heart-aching news that was going to come to my hearing few days after. I was attending to a female customer and she made mention of the fact that she knew my fiance. Of-course she started with the "nice pleasantry" of congratulating me on the pregnancy and engagement. I was taken aback by how she knew but I shrugged it off and listened to her juicy gist. Apparently, my supposed fiance had an affair with her and the relationship recently broke up days ago. (Adding 2+2, it was obvious that he broke up the relationship because of pregnant me). God bless my office because that was the only reason why I kept calm and didn't do something crazy that day. I was literally paralyzed from doing any other thing afterwards. The unknown lady also mentioned that they dated for a year and half and quietly told me to "make the choice" before leaving me with my thoughts..

Immediately working hours ended, I rushed to George's office to query him. He didn't deny it. Honestly, I can't remember the reasons he spilled out of his mouth but I definitely can remember that I called off the engagement that very moment. I was engaged to the human definition of a liar, cheater. That was the last time I saw George. I resigned the next day. It was too much to take in. He attempted but failed to get me back because I decided not to look back, not to fall back into the hands of a man who had the capability of cheating on me during our marriage. I was prepared to live with the consequences of the choice I made, giving someone that wasn't my husband,yet, my innocence.

My daughter is two years old now. Looking at her as I write this story, I really wish I didn't deny her the relationship she could have had with her father. But as you know, what's been done, is done. I don't know what's in the future for both of us but one thing I'm sure of, when she's of age, the first thing I'll let her know is how it's not right to make a decision out of the happy moment without pondering on it and asking yourself, "what's the worst that could happen?".

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. The woo-ing process is important.
    Nice 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL i didnt want the story to be too long to the point where pple wld stop halfway or something. thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so sad and angry and disappointed with you. Being engaged is not the same as being married, you've only said "Yes" to the man not in the eyes of God! I'm sure you love your daughter but I bet you wish you could turn back the time. Just saying if you'd remained pure till the weddig night...

    ReplyDelete

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer