I love him not

6:30:00 PM

I loved real, real hard once
But the love wasn't returned
Found out the man I'd do anything for
He wasn't even concerned
I tried, and I tried, and I tried
To keep him in my life
I cried, and I cried, and I cried
But I couldn't make it right
But I, I loved the young man
And if you've ever been in love,
Then you'd understand.

What you want might make you cry
What you need might pass you by
If you don't catch it
And what you need ironically,
Will turn out into what you want to be
If you just let it.

See, I thought this feeling
Was all that I had
But how could this be love
And make me feel so bad?
Gave up my power,
I existed for you
But whoever knew the voodoo you'd do?

I chose a road of passion and pain
Sacrificed too much and waited in vain
Gave up my power ceased being queen
Addicted to love like the drug of a friend

Torn and confused
Reached the crossroad which path would I choose
Stuck and frustrated I waited, debated
For something to happen that just wasn't fated
Thought what I wanted was something I needed
When mama said no I just should have heeded
Misled, I bled till the poison was gone
And out of the darkness arrived the sweet dawn

Father you saved me and showed me that life
Was much more than being some foolish man's wife
Showed me that love was respect and devotion
Greater than planets, deeper than any oceans
My soul was weary but now it's replenished
Content because that part of my life is finished

I see him sometimes and the look in his eye
Is one of a man who's lost treasures untold
But my heart is gold, I took back my soul
And totally let my creator control
The life which was His to begin with

I used to love him but now I don't.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer