Riches and Sanity

10:09:00 PM

Out of boredom I decided to write this short post.

I've noticed that most people want to be known as rich and powerful. Everyone wants to show off their best belongings. Back in junior school, I can remember there was this particular girl that extremely loved showing off. Of-course it worked for her because it gave her popularity. She used to say a lot of things about how much her father owned and all those BS. Anyway, i'll spare you the long story and cut it as short as possible.

On a fateful visiting day, her parents came. I was fortunate on that day to see her family and when i mean her family i meant from a distance. My mum's car was parked about 10feet away from theirs so I could see them. First all, I'm not judging but dayum the car her parents brought was in no way compared to what she had bragged about. Trust me, i'm not saying my mother's car was way tusher because as at that time she was driving mazda 929. So don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing.

Anyway, when the visiting hours ended, I decided to ask her why her parents didn't bring their car. Well, she obviously didn't get the sarcasm behind the question and she gave the reply "what do you mean? that's my dad's first car" .. On hearing that, I decided to ask another question. "errm what happened to the jeep you talked about?". She replied "what jeep? no one owns a jeep in my house." Then and there, I knew she was up to no good. Her lies were so outrageous to the point where she forgot she had lied. She had built a façade that couldn't be self-contended with.

Thing is most people don't know that the more you try to go out of your way to be what you are not, the more problems will befall you. If you want to be seen as rich when you are only managing or extremely poor, be ready to lend money or whatever it could be to people who really need the money you don't have.

Cut your cloth according to your size. I'm sure we are familiar with that adage or rather idiom.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer