When love takes over

2:26:00 PM


This morning I woke up feeling good because I knew I accomplished something yesterday. I studied well and twas great. Woke up quite early but trust now I just could not stand up from that soft bed of mine. Hours passed. Suddenly out of nowhere, I started day dreaming. I'm pretty sure you can guess right about what it was I day-dreamed of. Yurp. A guy.

He's that one person that seems to have brought smiles back to my face, the way they used to be. He's that one person that I definitely would not mind thinking about all day if it'll make me happy.

How we met is something I actually can't remember. I was on transfer to a new law school. Can't remember the first time I saw him but the second time was at the cafeteria. That day was practically hell. I had just finished an exam, stressed out and weary, I headed to the cafeteria for lunch. Oh I was greeted with a very long queue of starved students. I really was not ready to join that queue, so i decided to charm a guy if he'll let me stay in front of him.

I knew a guy would surely say yes so they could look good. So I tried my luck on this tall fellow. I knew I had seen him before but my memory failed me. I sha gave my cheesiest smile and asked if I could be given the chance to get my food before him. So yeah he allowed and that was how we became friends.

Weeks after weeks, the friendship grew. He's the type of guy that would make you laugh no matter what.No dulling moment with him. I liked that. Which girl wouldn't? But there was a little hitch. He always kept to himself. I wanted to know him better because oh well, a crush had developed. So I decided to take matters into my hands and ask people about him, all because i wanted the information he wouldn't give me.

How disappointed I was when I got to know that he had a girlfriend outside school. A very strong relationship that is. Anyway, I was happy for him sha but then that pinch of sadness couldn't help but stay with me for some time. As a strong girl, ahah yeah right, I let it go, the crush i mean and focused on a good friendship instead.

Semesters passed by and everything concerning our friendship went well. By the way I forgot to mention that he was ahead of me in school by 2 years . One day I got a disturbing call from him, he said he wanted to see me. As a concerned friend, I rushed out to his place because that was very rare. On getting there, I saw a shattered friend. It broke my heart. I had never seen him that way before. When i finally succeeded in cooling him down, he told me what was wrong. His girlfriend of 5years had broken up with him. I was speechless, was clueless on what to say. So i just decided that silence was the best therapy and been that it was late already, I decided to sleep over. Cuddled him to sleep and whispered sweet nothings so he wouldn't cry anymore.

Next morning, I made sure I was with him throughout! Attended his classes with him. He was in his final year and I'm sure left to him, he wouldn't have bothered to attend those classes. I knew how he felt and I wanted to be with him because when I got heart broken, no one was there for me and that was extremely lonely.

He got better weeks after and told me he had decided to let it go and focus on school first, no relationships. I accepted it that way and moved on with him too,hoping it was for the best. Little had I known that the crush I thought had died, just resurrected!


Part 2 soon...............thanks for reading. please share.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer