SMOKING

8:10:00 PM

First of all, i'm not writing this to preach or anything of that sort but to pass a very strong message across to whoever might benefit from this.

The issue of smoking (either cigarettes or marijuana) has been on my mind for some weeks now. I've been doing a minor research on it and props to Google for helping out.

Last week, I had a conversation with a friend about sins not directly listed in the Bible, that some Christians are aware of and for those that aren't, should be aware of. Making a list of them all, smoking came up. I'm that sort of person that finds argument somewhat energy and time consuming and once i see a conversation heading in that direction, I back out but for some reasons unknown, I did not back out on the smoking argument and that led me to write this "short article".

Without looking at Biblical passages, someone who is not ignorant should be aware of the dangers of tobacco and nicotine(it's a poisonous substance in pure state) and the many long term diseases they cause in this day and age but the problem now is, many folks choose to be ignorant. They turn deaf and dumb to obvious things. They always want to live in the moment, the short term relief it gives them. Oh how soothing. Sad.

Most victims these days are the youths, and sadly teenagers. Little boys and girls that don't even know how to change diapers but somehow know how to smoke cigarettes and the likes. Satan has deceived them into thinking all those cruel lung diseases won't happen to them. Tobacco is very addictive and this little habit finally becomes so enslaving, it turns into a big monster and is very difficult to flee from without Christ because it eventually became a demon ruining their lives.

The Bible says "there's pleasure in sin for a season but in the end, we shall reap the result of that sin". The irony of it all is that companies producing them give warnings. I found this one (picture below) fascinating. Ignore the fact that I'm a medical student. If i didn't have any knowledge of what "clogging" is and I read "smoking causes heart attack and strokes", before I bother to check Google for the definition of "clog" , I'll flee from it. Why? Because I value my life and I won't endanger it mehn. I'll choose a good husband, wonderful marriage and beautiful kids (in short long life) over "Smoking kills". Anytime, anyday but still it baffles me how individuals ignore those warnings.

The Bible teaches us, as Christians that we are to be clean and holy, in spirit, soul and BODY! Yes, your physical body. It is the ultimate Temple of God and you are accountable to God for the condition of that body. If you choose to ruin God's temple by burning it down with a "paper roll containing nicotine and flame" , you'll be held accountable for the grave crime.

Someone can ask "so why did God make tobacco if it is harmful to humans?" . If a non-Christian asked me that, I'll forgive he/she for his/her Biblical perplexity. It is never God to be blamed for evil because tobacco has it's uses too. It can be used to kill fungi and insects. Satan always perverts the things in this world for evil use, while God has plans for them to bless mankind. If man would just spend time and research for the good use of tobacco, I believe he would discover some of it's healing properties.

For someone practising Christianity as a way of life, there should be no place for this evil habit in the individual's life. If you are reading this and you're in this trap, there is a way out if you sincerely want to be free. Tell God about your desire, open the door of your heart heavenward and the holy spirit will bring you both strength and victory.

IT WAS SHORT YEAH? THANKS FOR SPENDING SOME MINUTES TO READ. hope it blessed someone. back to my books.


Ref: Overcoming Life Digest

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer