Just a Phase

11:21:00 PM

When the world's shut down
When the world's still
When the world's drowned
When the earth spills
But my heart still beats
Like a functioning drum
And a broken string
From an abandoned violin.

I sit in tears
Like a rock in an overflowing river
I'm waiting for someone to care
Even when I know there's no-one there.
No one willing
To dive into the depth of the mighty ocean
Blue and clear as it may be
I decided to take the leap
I could sense the fear of the unknown
Or should I say known?
From the only invisible companion I know,
My alter ego.

She's telling me to take a leap
Into the depth she's foreseen.
She knew it was dangerous
But yet she gave me assurance
With every ounce of fear,
That she will be there
When I need to call on someone dear.

Then I snapped back.
Remembered that it's just me.
I'm all alone.
Once again.
In a world where it rains pain,
All day
All week, all year
And the cycle goes
Again and Again.

Out of nowhere,
I gained company.
He was so precious I could look at him
All day and not complain.
He bore the same pain.
With no motive of gain,
We shared them.
That moment was when I realized
It was all I needed.

The river's dry
The ocean's shallow.
No more needs to cry
I see my halo,
Shining like the Sun.
The world's alive.
The world's moving.
That, that I say,
Was just a phase!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer