Suicide

10:39:00 PM

Finally I'm posting something after a very long while. Pardon me. Took a break from writing because my other activities didn't give me some space to enter my writing realm. Call it writer's block too. I've written a couple poems though and I'll share one now. Would share the other after I recite it in church. This was a poem I recited at an open mic event that happened in my Uni town last Friday. Enjoy
*****
Can you see me hurting
Blade cuts, airway blocked
Still you can't see my physical
How then can you see my saddened soul
I keep fighting it
Struggling with weakness
My strength's gone
Hair shaved.
What have you done Delilah
I can't fight anymore
I've lost my life long battle
Two scores and five cents
How much do I have left
Counting pennies like a beggar
Can't buy time, My time's over
12.01am why's the clock still moving
Can I be done now
Can I leave here? 
Let me out of this mysery
Everything's a blur
Mystery


Like a wandering ghost
Roaming on these streets
Haunting like I'm being haunted
Point of reach
Skin deep, sea deep
Sinking
I'm too light for these waves
Swinging tides.
Help!! I'm drowning
Bank point
It washed me here
Face down, I need CPR, mouth to mouth
Can anybody see me? 
Sin. I'm dead
My wage has been paid
What am I still doing here?
I should be gone
This is the only thing I've always wanted
I should be seeing pearls
Or wait
Am I in the wrong place
Why am I seeing these armoured men
Why are you holding those chains
Thought I was free from shackles
No! Don't put those on me 
Can I go back please
I need heaven not this
I'm not a sinner
I've paid my wage
I've given you my soul
Am I not meant to get heaven in return? 
I'm pure now 
PAUSE. 
SUICIDE
The thought drains you.
Turns you to a beggar
And when you finally succeed
Your soul is lost 
There's no turning back
Dead and gone
No turning back
I'm stuck here
With shackles
If only you had seen me hurting.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer