That Thanksgiving Poem

4:35:00 PM

Troublesome and stubborn heart
Yeah that's the definition for this piece of God's art
Heart always yearning for revenge
Always planning to avenge
When done wrong.
It claimed to be strong
But yet showed weakness
Claimed to be humble
But yet always fumbled.

It has its reasons
When you've gone through every season
Of heartbreak and deceit
Always reaching out to those men that wanted it
Little did it know
That all they wanted was its redundant growth.

REST




When it did realize,
It decided to change its ways and not compromise
So it planned the perfect revenge
To shut down and scavenge
For scape goats
That'll pay the price.
Of-course it found them
And "rubbished" them
Got satisfied and dumped them.
Turned them into rags.

IN

I didn't realize
That in my bid for revenge
I was just using up my purity
For imperfect beings
That were diminishing my morality
And making me lose focus of your Glory

PIECE

Lord I'm sorry
And yes I mean it
Really pleading
That you accept my apology
This plague of guilt is killing me
Shrinking me
Making me sick
And ruining my entity, Identity.
Save me Lord
Need help from above
To intervene
In this self-inflicted pain
Free me from this ache.

Seems like my decision made it worse
So now I'm gonna wait and gather enough poise
To stick to this changed me
Whose main goal isn't to revenge anymore
But to bless the younger ones with her story
And hope they heed and learn from it.

SATAN

Rest in Piece satan
Yes you satan, You cursed one
For you do not have a hold on my soul anymore
I have embraced God and His love
In to fill me and stick to me like a glove
I'm free from your bloody coven
From the evilness you handwoven
All around my soul.
Now I'm gonna be invisible
Because I'm no more guarded by your principle
Ain't gonna be divisible
And shaken by hatred, revenge and scorn.
For you dead to me.
The weevil that was eating
The "being" in me
Has been destroyed.
Now I'm free to live
I'm free to dance and rejoice
'Cause truly happiness is back to its place
No more shackles, no more chains, I am free.
New year, New beginning.

Now I'm gonna shout louder than before
And praise Yahweh louder than before
He's the only reason I'm standing here today.
Glory be to you Almighty
For Adedunmola is finally free
Oh freedom yes I'm free
Oh freedom yes I'm free
Happy Birthday to me.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. nice poem, from an awesome author.... Happy birthday to u <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry my reply is late. didnt check my blog for over a month. thank u tho

      Delete

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer