Poverty

12:23:00 AM

I opened my eyes
Trying hard to defeat the power of sleep with mine
Finally awake at this late hour
Still I rise.
Jumped into the shower and


Ok Let's rewind.
I'm not here to tell you about my daily routine.
I'm here to let you in on a scene
So you don't get left behind.
You see,
There's this issue that been on my mind.
It might come as a surprise
But I'll still share it with you.





I'm poor.
Poverty stricken
Not monetary poorness
But in attitude towards myself and others.
This poverty is for real
Always there to steal.
It pierces the depths of my soul
From head to toe.

I see people and judge them.
That is poverty.
I say I'm better than others,
That is poverty.
I lack the zeal to accommodate
I've turned myself into that rare gem
Of-course I am
But the way I've turned it all upside down
Is ridiculous to a big fault.

I claim to be the best of the best
Yet in my actions,
I'm the worst of them all.
I talk about people with despise
Yet in-front of them I disguise
That is poverty.
There's a big disparity
Between loathe and poverty.
Poor in attitude means you lack good attitude
The combination of loathe and poor attitude
Is explosive.
I know that but yet it's expensive
To acquire, I can't afford it.

I've been searching for bargains.
Found none
Seems like I've been looking at the wrong domains.
But I finally found help.
Matthew 5:22
Hell fire jolted me back to reality
Don't wanna go through eternal brutality
So I decided to amend my ways
To change my sick mentality
And conform myself to good morality.

To love my neighbors
And do good to those that labor
For God's love
And also to those that seem to have different opinions
For He said I should not judge
But live according to His word and have dominion.
Leviticus 19:18
Says I should not hold grudges
So I'm letting it all go
Dust and ashes
Dead and gone
Letting peace and love grow
And flow
Back into where they belong,
My heart.

Poverty is gone
I'm rich now
And can also give-away.
Just like the rich green leaves in May,
The love is abundant
And pleasant.


*gives a bow and exits stage (lol)*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer