QUITE A LONG STORY

5:39:00 PM

First kiss was awesome. It was something I would not have traded for anything in the world.
This is me telling my story.

Mum: Debola, you have to change your school. I don't like the distance between your school and Lagos. Now that you are done with your junior wassce, I think it's time to change schools. I found one for you at V.I. Next week, we will go there together and get your forms and every other thing needed.

Me: (shocked in disbelief) Mum,why are just telling me this? (Now crying helplessly) I did not get to tell my friends goodbye or tell them I was leaving never to come back. Why mum why? (Ran to my room still trying to figure out if i was dreaming or not)

That was how it all began. My mum changing my school, me leaving all my good friends behind in search for new people to trust and share my stories with.

First day in my new school was sad. I was not happy and for the fact that i hated being called a new student, I made just one new friend. Well,that was alright by me. Throughout my SS1, I was more of a snob than a cheerful person. Adjusting to a new environment(coming from a girls-only school to a mixed school) was not easy for me but i got used to it by the time I started SS2.

SS2 was when I started liking this particular boy,Matt. Honestly, I actually noticed him in SS1, but didn't take it serious, because he was cute,funny and handsome and girls were all over him and for that reason I was beginning to lose interest. I'm definately someone who wouldn't fight for a boy with another girl because at the end of the day all we are doing is to boost the boy's ego to an unbearable level.

In my bid to stop liking him, I made sure I didn't make eye contacts or have lil' convo's with him. Unknown to me until the end of 2nd term, I was informed by a friend of his that Matt actually liked me! Oh wow,i was so shocked and sort of happy at the same time. Regardless, I chose to do "strong girl" by not believing the gist or showing that I liked him too. Instead, I left it in fate's hand.

Anyway, at the end of SS2, I found myself being a close-friend to Matt. I still don't know how it happened but it did. The new-found friendship just re-kindled the likeness i tried to kill. Need I say that I had a boyfriend at this time but the relationship was not going good. We broke up during the summer break.

My last year in Senior School was a roller-coaster but then when the first term started, Matt finally asked me out and that was how our love-story CONTINUED! (yeah continued not "began"!)
The whole school knew us as a couple and it actually made me shy. Damn i loved this boy.I really did because it took us two years to finally start dating.

The relationship was innocent, full of wonderful memories,laughs,jokes,craziness and funny enough less fights. We rarely fought and thinking of it now, it still puzzles me.
We graduated and that was when we started to feel the pressure. We were in different states. I got admission into UNILAG while he got his into ABU,Zaria. I felt lonely most times because I was so used to being around my sweetheart. Even with the challenges, we still managed to continue the relationship.

In the first two years we were still innocent though..we had not kissed and all that ish. I remember telling my friends that I was definately gonna kiss him that Christmas break and I really did..He had marvelous soft lips and the first kiss was beautiful and heavenly (replaying the scene in my head.)

Three years and counting! Fights started creeping in like the devil's advocates. One break from school really did give us a break. As usual, we saw each other, but this meeting was different. He saw some messages on my phone (inbox that is NOT SENT messages) and zoomed off (without a bye!)from my house. Apparently, He assumed I was cheating on him and I really wasn't. As a babe (fine or ugly), guys will always,yeah always make passes at you. But I guess He didn't understand that. He stopped calling and sending messages or even replying mine.

Within those awful days was when I decided to visit him at his place. Shocked was I when I got greeted with sad faces. I stood still at the living room entrance trying to let the news I just heard sink in. I woke up the next day on a hospital bed. I lost him. I lost him. I lost him. Those were the only words i could utter.

It's really hard to accept that one has lost someone that was really loved. Armed robbers attacked his house the night he got killed. Thinking of how the bullet pierced his chest really hurts. They killed our love with that bullet. Just one bullet. Still not over it.

Our long story turned to a short story courtesy death.

I really loved you Matt and I never cheated on you.

From a broken heart.

That was my story.

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. dis story is still hard to believe. its actually touching dat @ such tender age wen u knew luv, death didn't give u guys da chance to exploit it. Elsiemira is actually shedding tears 4 u @ da moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan..
    @elsie,exactly my point..don't shed tears though.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, wow. u got me callin u cheesy nd innocent until d veri end, wen i found or am findin tears in ma eyes, am actualli (unfortunateli) cryin ryt nw. whether d story is true or nt, tiz beautiful bt sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sad....I guess today is just a sad day everywhere
    My first time on ur blog

    Tnx for d link...I guess we have sumfn in common now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zee!!!!! sorry for making u cry!! :( ...thanks hun..
    iBeta, thanks for reading..i guess we do!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a good writing persona, DuNmy. The more you write, the better it will become. Well done on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i read 4rm start til d end...very sad. id lyk 2 write too bt it feels too personal, got any tips 4 me? u'll get beta, kip it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow,all i can say is WOW,it was beautiful,pls write more ur really gud

    ReplyDelete
  9. @hello (funny name tho) thank u very much..yeah this is just the beginning..better things to come..well tips?? hmmnn lemme see...i'll just say pen everything that comes to ur head down provided u av a theme in mind..at the end of d day,all the pieces would become one wonderful story....if u enjoy writing..
    @kevwe thanks love... *blushing*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wudda tot Matt ws real if he dint die tho ;)
    Beautiful piece tho

    ReplyDelete
  11. @omohunola loool...eheheh thanks bbe..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice. I guess I should say "sorry for your loss". :) You can also read mine, and maybe follow. www.myredletterbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm so sorry m..just noticed i didnt reply your comment early enough.. would check it out now.

    ReplyDelete

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer